Problems getting the game to run.

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Spirithawke

Problems getting the game to run.

Post by Spirithawke »

Pertinent information: Windows 7 64 bit. Attempting to use the 64 bit version of OpenMW for Windows. Launcher itself seems to work fine. Ini import seems to be successful. Tried to run the game and all I see is the command window opening, scrolling by fast, another window opening, both windows closing. I have tried installing it where it wanted to go as a default (Program Files) and in the base MW folder, where it made its own folder. I have tried setting everything to run as administrator. UAC is off. Log files are attached.
Attachments
Spirithawke_openmwlogs.7z
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Greendogo

Re: Problems getting the game to run.

Post by Greendogo »

To get that text that scrolls by really fast to stay on the screen try opening the game using the Command Prompt program (usually found in your Accessories start menu folder).

When OpenMW crashes, the Command Prompt should give you a reasonable amount of information that you can post here (you can use the copy function from upper left menu or by right clicking, not by the ctrl+C command).
Spirithawke

Re: Problems getting the game to run.

Post by Spirithawke »

aha..ok after a few tries I finally remembered how to get it to try running with basic (years since I fiddled with basic). The problem seems to be that it do not like several of my the mods I am using. Oddly the normal game seems to like them fine AFAIK. Here is the pertinent data from the cmd window:

Loading ESP C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\PSsorticon.esp

ERROR: ESM Error: Expected subrecord MODL but got ALDT
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\PSsorticon.esp
Record: ALCH
Subrecord: ALDT
Offset: 0x14df2
This esp comes with MGSO v3.

Loading ESP C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Resources Enhanced.esp

ERROR: ESM Error: Expected subrecord FNAM but got IRDT
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Resources Enhanced.esp
Record: INGR
Subrecord: IRDT
Offset: 0x1ea07
This esp comes from Resources Enhanced

Attached are the 2 problem esps in case you all want to look at them for your bug hunting.
Attachments
Spirithawke Problem Files.zip
Just the 2 problem esps and a readme for one of them.
(21.86 KiB) Downloaded 138 times