v0.22.0 Bugs/Issues

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
jvoisin

Re: v0.22.0 Bugs/Issues

Post by jvoisin »

I tryied to remove ~/.cache/openmw and/or ~/.config/openmw, but it seems that the problem is the ini importer. It reports that it's detecting a previous installation of Morrowind (which I don't have), and try to import automagically a Morrowind.ini from somewhere. I had to run the importer from the command line on a valid ini to get openmw starting without crashing.
Zini

Post by Zini »

It reports that it's detecting a previous installation of Morrowind (which I don't have), and try to import automagically a Morrowind.ini from somewhere
Can't figure out what the launcher is doing here. It looks like it always reports a MW installation without checking if the ini file exists. That is clearly wrong.

Also, I just noticed that the wording of the dialogue box is suboptimal. We shouldn't talk about a MW installation, Let's be explicit and speak of the ini file instead.

This is a blocker, unfortunately.
RabidSquirrel

Post by RabidSquirrel »

Fullscreen mode is buggy as hell for me.

Win7 64 - clean install of Morrowind

On the launcher it disables the custom resolution option when I select fullscreen. The standard resolution option has a dropdown box with no options to select. I launched in fullscreen and it put me in 800x600 or something like that. I closed it and launched in windowed and it let me use 1080. I launched in fullscreen again and it was in 1080 even though the blank standard res was selected. Tested again with 160x768, same result (stayed in 1080 until I launched once in windowed).

In game (fullscreen only) terrain is totally fubar. Tears between cells, hills in Vivec, floating trees. No idea what the problem is. Menus have no background. There is weird rainbow stuff. No journal. Pause menu options are invisible until I move the cursor to them. Arms and body flicker while moving in third person.

http://i.imgur.com/OL24CKy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JlX3OGL.jpg

Other random stuff: I just noticed there doesn't seem to be a toggle run key. I didn't notice before due to default speed being fast enough. Would it be possible to have the game remember if I have always run enabled so I don't always have to toggle on load? And could you make the numpad work in the console? Could you disable the grave key in console?
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Zini wrote:Can't figure out what the launcher is doing here. It looks like it always reports a MW installation without checking if the ini file exists. That is clearly wrong.
What do you mean:
if (dir.exists(QString("Morrowind.ini"))) ...

But I can change the wording a bit. I have no idea where it finds the Morrowind.ini but it should be there, in the parent directory of a data= path, else it would've failed.

I think the resolutions not appearing is a bigger issue, can someone build my resolutionfix branch on Windows and tell me if standard resolutions appear in the launcher, when Direct3D is chosen as the renderer?
Zini

Post by Zini »

From what I see this test is performed only after the message box has been shown to the user. So you claim there is a Morrowind installation before checking. Or am I missing something here?
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Yeah that makes no sense, lemme change that.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I tried Windows in full screen. Same (almost) issues as RabidSquirrel. Pretty much any UI element has to be opened once (most of it will be invisible), closed, and then opened again before it will display. Terrain is definitely messed up. It's not consistent either. Go inside a building, then come back out. The terrain will be different than when you went inside. The player also collides with terrain differently than how terrain is displayed. In other words, you can be walking in the air above, or in the abyss below the displayed terrain. I cannot tell if the shaped of the terrain that you collide with is correct or not.

Also, wasn't the "cg" option for shaders supposed to have been done away with? I still have it. glsl is gone however. Might be the case that when I select "cg" it's really selecting glsl and it just got renamed somehow.

There'll be a video of what I'm seeing for clarification: http://youtu.be/s9T0nLsbRfM
mate

Post by mate »

WeirdSexy wrote:I tried Windows in full screen. Same (almost) issues as RabidSquirrel. Pretty much any UI element has to be opened once (most of it will be invisible), closed, and then opened again before it will display. Terrain is definitely messed up. It's not consistent either. Go inside a building, then come back out. The terrain will be different than when you went inside. The player also collides with terrain differently than how terrain is displayed. In other words, you can be walking in the air above, or in the abyss below the displayed terrain. I cannot tell if the shaped of the terrain that you collide with is correct or not.

Also, wasn't the "cg" option for shaders supposed to have been done away with? I still have it. glsl is gone however. Might be the case that when I select "cg" it's really selecting glsl and it just got renamed somehow.

There'll be a video of what I'm seeing for clarification: http://youtu.be/s9T0nLsbRfM
I'm getting exactly the same bugs on windows x64 with fullscreen enabled. Windowed mode seems to solve the problem.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

pvdk wrote:I think the resolutions not appearing is a bigger issue, can someone build my resolutionfix branch on Windows and tell me if standard resolutions appear in the launcher, when Direct3D is chosen as the renderer?
Well, it works on my tries.
Here's a link to the omwlauncher.exe I built: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42285956/omwlauncher.exe
RabidSquirrel

Post by RabidSquirrel »

Just tried Ace's exe. "The application has failed to start correctly (0xc000007b)" No idea what that means.

Closing and reopening menus doesn't fix them for me. Moving each of them does, but only until I close and reopen them.