FFMPEG bugs on Arch

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
bwrsandman

FFMPEG bugs on Arch

Post by bwrsandman »

I just tested the video playback by copying Video from my CD and putting it in my "Data Files" folder. From the console, playbink "mw_cavern.bik" 1 will play the video, though there are numerous bugs with that.
  1. If I misspell the .bik file, I get a repeated stream of "Error in framelistener: boost thread: thread not joinable: Invalid argument"
  2. There is no sound in the playback and I get the warning: Sound Error: Unsupported sample format: flt
    I have no idea what codec flt stands for, I would like to add it to the depends in the PKGBUILDs.
  3. At the end of playback, it freezes on the last frame and I get a single "Error in framelistener: boost thread: thread not joinable: Invalid argument". I have to switch tty and pkill it.
  4. I am unable to tab out during video playback and during the freeze at (3)
openmw-git 20130222-1 (as well as openmw 0.21.0)
boost 1.52.0-1
ffmpeg 1:1.1.2-3
ogre 1.8.1-3
openal 1.15.1-1
mygui 3.2.0-4
bullet 2.81-2
mpg123 1.14.4-1
libsndfile 1.0.25-2
qt 4.8.4-3
Chris

Re: FFMPEG bugs on Arch

Post by Chris »

bwrsandman wrote:boost 1.52.0-1
Seems to be a problem introduced with that. A quick Google search reveals that Boost changed the behavior of threads with 1.52 so they're not joinable by default, so the join() call fails and throws.

Unfortunately we need the threads to be joinable, so a simple joinable() check won't do. mwrender/videoplayer.cpp has parse_thread, video_thread, and refresh_thread that need to be made explicitly joinable, somehow. Not sure about elsewhere in the code.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

bwrsandman wrote:There is no sound in the playback and I get the warning: Sound Error: Unsupported sample format: flt
I have no idea what codec flt stands for, I would like to add it to the depends in the PKGBUILDs.
That is not caused by a missing codec, but rather because the wrong sample format is used.
edmondo

Post by edmondo »

bwrsandman wrote: [*]At the end of playback, it freezes on the last frame and I get a single "Error in framelistener: boost thread: thread not joinable: Invalid argument". I have to switch tty and pkill it.
(...)
boost 1.52.0-1
(...)
I had the same problem here. Upgrading boost to 1.53.0 solved the problem for me.