Bug report for 0.21

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
sirherrbatka

Re: Bug report for 0.21

Post by sirherrbatka »

in my opinion they fit the best into… bugtracker. :roll:
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

My logic is this:

- I didn't put it in support because I feel it is more for technical issues, constant crashes, can't build, driver issues etc.
- I didn't put it in development because I feel that isn't directly for bugs, but the development of new features etc.
= That leaves General.
+ Noone has said anything when I've posted bugs there before.

I also didn't put it on the bug tracker because of a couple of things:
- I'm not always sure what I report are bugs, but rather something that is not yet implemented.
- The issue may be a part of another larger known issue.
- I don't want to clutter the bug tracker with unnecessary bug reports.
- Zini has said it doesn't matter if you report here first and if it is a real issue, it gets put on the bug tracker later.

Feel free to correct my logic.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

No need, BAN HIM!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Regardless of the fault, the bug tracker is easier for us to track. It is good that you explained it more in depth here though, which makes it Technical for trying to figure out the problem... for me, it would be a toss-up between Development and Support. I think the two can be merged, as all real 'bugs' are development issues.

However there are support questions, as how to use OpenMW, which is Support. It is hard for me to choose between the two honestly, someone should explicitly state that 'THIS IS WHERE YOU POST ABOUT BUGS''. :)
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

Hello guys, I have just tested your last release candidate and I found some issues. Although I'm watching your forums nearly every day for several years, I have no clear idea what exactly is implemeted and what is not, so if I mention something pointless, just don't pay attention to it. :-)

First thing are the Dagoth Ur "wind" meshes inside the crater, I have noticed that some of them does have correct alpha and some of them have none.

Is staircase collision already implemented? I had some problems to climb curved staircase in Ghostgate interior for example. Also I believe that player uses capsule-shaped collision box, right? If so, it's shape should be improved, because you can climb furniture just like that.

Another thing I encountered is while jumping, I like that it doesn't need to press E key over and over, but the jump gets faster while jumpig without break. But the main point why I am talking about this - I was jumping down the hill when I encountered this for the first time and it felt very realistic. Is it possible to leave it this way for jumping down the hill? It really had that nice dynamic feel, like when you're runing/jumping down the steep surface and your body goes faster than you can really run/jump.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the final release! :-)
Lord Berandas
RabidSquirrel

Post by RabidSquirrel »

Another bug: moving left/right should not cancel auto-run.
Zini

Post by Zini »

@Berandas: These are all either unfinished features or stuff that is currently in the process of a re-write.

@RabidSquirrel: I added an issue to the tracker for this problem. Thanks.
RabidSquirrel

Post by RabidSquirrel »

I just noticed something strange. If I disable reflections it seems to have less/no effect on my framerate if I don't turn 'reflect objects' off first. If I turn it off after I disable reflections then I have to turn reflections on then off again to improve my framerate.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Nice catch, but apparently I already fixed this without noticing it in my graphics branch.
raevol

Post by raevol »

scrawl wrote:apparently I already fixed this without noticing it in my graphics branch.
You might call it... a prefix?