Will not run on my Windows 7 64-bit machine

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
nomad1946

Re: Will not run on my Windows 7 64-bit machine

Post by nomad1946 »

Greendogo wrote:Have you tried re-installing Morrowind? If that's out of the question, you could install it to another directory, like C:\Games\Morrowind
And then redirect OpenMW to that directory and try to run it again.
I have it installed on D:\Bethesda Games\Morrowind now. I have a second hard drive where my games exist. I can try
reinstalling morrowind in a day or two.
nomad1946

Post by nomad1946 »

I completely uninstalled morrowind and reinstalled just the basic vanillia morrowind, tribunal, and bloodmoon. When I tried running openmw I again got the same thing. It tried to load the sound drivers and the program quit. I then created a small bat file to launch openmw.exe --nosound. That loaded and the areas loaded normally, very fast. But, there is no picture. I can not take a screen shot. If I right click I get my menu set and things are fine in that but the world view is nothing but blobs. I do have on the bottom right the small picture with an arrow that will rotate when I move the mouse.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Anything suspicious in the OGRE log? (the filename is Ogre.log).
nomad1946

Post by nomad1946 »

There is no file ogre.log, in fact there are no new files created in the openmw folder or the morrowind folder, just the ones that are installed there.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

It's not in the install directory, it's in:
[drive]:\Users\[your username goes here]\Documents\My Games\openmw

Or the Windows 7 equivalent.
nomad1946

Post by nomad1946 »

Thank you, I did find the log. I don't see anything strange now. But, I did change from D3D9 to GL mode and got some graphics, and now it works somewhat in D3D9. There are no collision detections, I pass through all objects. If I try talking to a NPC, I click on the NPC, nothing happens but when I press any button I get a dialog but the name is something like %name. And of course there is no sound. Since I am new here, I do not know what I am supposed to have happen and I know this is a work in progress.
Zini

Post by Zini »

There are no collision detections, I pass through all objects.
Physics are off by default. You can switch them on from the console (F2) with TCL. Just make sure you have something solid below you first.
If I try talking to a NPC, I click on the NPC
That is not how Morrowind works. You focus the NPC (or any other object) and then press space.
but the name is something like %name
Unimplemented feature.
Mordicus

Post by Mordicus »

(do I need to create a new thread?)

Have just tested OpenMW 0.19 (never tested OpenMW before) on Win7 64bits too.

When the game launches, I can only see a black & white forms (kind of landscape shapes...). Pressing 'escape' will bring a menu with only 3 choices (not displaying very well): resume, option, exit. No way to play the game. I have tried different installation folder, with no change. Changing video settings does not help.

Here is the log.
Spoiler: Show
Zini

Post by Zini »

When the game launches, I can only see a black & white forms (kind of landscape shapes...). Pressing 'escape' will bring a menu with only 3 choices (not displaying very well): resume, option, exit. No way to play the game. I have tried different installation folder, with no change. Changing video settings does not help.
Should be fixed in the actual release.