Textures arnt loading.

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
ZafotheNinja

Textures arnt loading.

Post by ZafotheNinja »

When I load up open mw it say's that morrowind.esm loaded. Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon bsa'a have loaded. It even say's that the data dir is correct. Then why is everything white? I went to seyda neen and balmora, no changes.
NullCascade

Re: Textures arnt loading.

Post by NullCascade »

ZafotheNinja wrote:When I load up open mw it say's that morrowind.esm loaded. Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon bsa'a have loaded. It even say's that the data dir is correct. Then why is everything white? I went to seyda neen and balmora, no changes.
I noticed this today too, when compiling it myself with a x86 build on x64 Windows 7. No shader options worked on DirectX rendering, but the gl-something shader worked for me on OpenGL.

Try changing your shader settings. Does this make things render correctly?
Zini

Post by Zini »

ZafotheNinja wrote:When I load up open mw it say's that morrowind.esm loaded. Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon bsa'a have loaded. It even say's that the data dir is correct. Then why is everything white? I went to seyda neen and balmora, no changes.
More data please. At least we need to see Ogre.log to even have a chance to determine what is going wrong.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Zini wrote:
More data please. At least we need to see Ogre.log to even have a chance to determine what is going wrong.
Would it be a good idea to create a small cross platform program, like a crash/fault detector, that would bundle up all necessary logs and dumps necessary to send to us?
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am not in favour of this idea. Not easy to implement and the kind of information required depend on the kind of problem anyway. People just need to learn how to report bugs properly and when there is a reasonable start at that, I don't mind getting back to them for requesting more information. What we could do is set up a wiki page describing how to report an error and then link it in some appropriate places, but I guess plenty of people would ignore it anyway.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

ZafotheNinja

Post by ZafotheNinja »

Oh sorry here's the log:
Spoiler: Show
My brother messed with it and yes, it is a shader problem.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

You're using an Atom, that is a killer in of itself. This particular Atom has integrated video from Intel, which is a GMA 3100. It has pixel and vertex shaders which only support Shader Model 2.0b features, and the vertex shaders are still only software-emulated.

With shadows and underwater effects off, SM2 should be enough to run OpenMW. Can you try turning those off and report how OpenMW behaves?
ZafotheNinja

Post by ZafotheNinja »

Nope, no change. I'll have to ask my brother exactly what he did on our desktop to get the textures working. (ps I use atom cause it's the fastest single core that I could find and, the laptop was cheap XD)