Game crash in intro

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
KrypticCypher

Game crash in intro

Post by KrypticCypher »

https://youtu.be/fvOo4k84IxA Game crashes in tutorial not sure how to fix cant get past intro sequence followed the mod guides graphics overhaul and I heart vanilla expanaded usually crashes when typing character name
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Game crash in intro

Post by psi29a »

Do we get any additional info like... version, os, video card, etc?
KrypticCypher

Post by KrypticCypher »

I figured it out I had to launch the game in mo2 and also found out expansions integrated and tb and bm rebalance are incompatible
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

You shouldn't need to launch OpenMW through MO2 (even if you use MO2 to manage your mods, there's an export plugin), and even if you did, not doing so wouldn't cause OpenMW to crash.
Mantar

Post by Mantar »

Mo2 assembles your data folder from separate directories. If you run from outside Mo2, all the mods managed by Mo2 will be missing, and depending on what odd things you've done with your data folder outside of Mo2, yes, it can cause crashes. Not very likely, but it's possible, I did it before.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

OpenMW only crashes when there are bugs in OpenMW. It's likely you'll get warnings and errors in your log and see lots of pink objects and yellow exclamation marks in-game, and it's also possible that you'll get an error popup and the engine will exit when you click its OK button, but those aren't the same as a crash. If you know a way to crash OpenMW, we want to know.