library issue with openmw on fossapup

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
GandalfPotter13

library issue with openmw on fossapup

Post by GandalfPotter13 »

i recently installed puppy linux(64bit fossapup version 9.5) on a usb drive and thought i would try to get openmw on it for kicks, so i used ppm to install the packages openmw_0.45.0, openmw-data_0.45.0, openmw-cs_0.45.0, and openmw-launcher_0.45.0 all went well with installation and data files. but when i ran openmw:

Code: Select all

Loading config file: launcher.cfg
Loading config file: /root/.config/openmw/launcher.cfg
Loading config file: /root/.config/openmw/openmw.cfg
Loading config file: /etc/openmw/openmw.cfg
QFile::setFileName: File (/root/.config/openmw/openmw.cfg) is already opened
Loading config file: ./openmw.cfg
Loading config file: /root/.config/openmw/openmw.cfg
Loading settings file: /etc/openmw/settings-default.cfg
The current profile is:  "2021-08-05T11:17:56"
Created new setting section: Game
Added new setting: [Game] show effect duration = true
Added new setting: [Game] show enchant chance = true
Added new setting: [Game] show melee info = true
Added new setting: [Game] show owned = 3
Added new setting: [Game] show projectile damage = true
Created new setting section: Video
Added new setting: [Video] resolution x = 1600
Added new setting: [Video] resolution y = 900
Updating settings file: "/root/.config/openmw/settings.cfg"
./openmw: error while loading shared libraries: libosg.so.161: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
looks to me like im missing a dependancy called "libosg.so.161". ive searched around for people who have the same problem, or a way to get the missing library, but to no avail. so im asking if anyone knows what this error exactly is and how to fix it.

thanks in advance.
AnyOldName3

Re: library issue with openmw on fossapup

Post by AnyOldName3 »

That looks like you don't have the same version of OpenSceneGraph's shared object libraries installed as OpenMW was built to use. This could either be because you've not got OSG installed at all or because you've got the wrong version installed. If you've not done any of your own meddling, then this is likely because your package maintainer set things up incorrectly.

Looking at how Puppy Linux 9.5 works, it seems to be based on Ubuntu 20.04, so I'd guess maybe the PPM package for OpenMW was based on the apt package from our PPA and OSG from the mainline Ubuntu repo or vice versa. Either way, I'd report the problem to the maintainer.

As a way to get things working while you wait for that to be sorted out, I'd suggest installing our Flatpak release if Puppy Linux supports Flatpaks.
GandalfPotter13

Re: library issue with openmw on fossapup

Post by GandalfPotter13 »

much thanks for the reply :D