Subview border

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Ravenwing

Subview border

Post by Ravenwing »

Let me know if this should go in feature suggestions instead, but figured this is the editor specific stuff.

Poked through the latest version of our CS and pleased to see that a fair amount of progress seems to have been made since the last time I opened it. The new icons are a very nice addition too.

The main annoyance I had (apart from what’s already planned) is a visible border between sub views. It is incredibly annoying having to wiggle your cursor around until you find the boundary so you can resize. I hope this is easy to implement short of any UI overhaul.

Can’t wait for this thing to be feature complete!
Atahualpa

Re: Subview border

Post by Atahualpa »

Ravenwing wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 21:50 The main annoyance I had (apart from what’s already planned) is a visible border between sub views. It is incredibly annoying having to wiggle your cursor around until you find the boundary so you can resize. I hope this is easy to implement short of any UI overhaul.
I know that feeling too well: Every time I record editor footage for a release video it happens at least once, forcing me to re-record the current scene. :(

A quick fix is to set a style sheet for all subviews, e.g.:

Code: Select all

setStyleSheet("border: 1px solid darkgray");
Put this in the constructor of the SubView class - done. (Assuming that there are no other lines overwriting that style sheet.)

If no one else is interested in this, I could implement that "fix" after the current release phase.
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

I’ll have to try that when I’m back at home today. Didn’t know we could edit things like that post compile. Still think it should be set as a default though, so I support you in PRing that.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Ravenwing wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 17:50 I’ll have to try that when I’m back at home today. Didn’t know we could edit things like that post compile. Still think it should be set as a default though, so I support you in PRing that.
Ehm, what I propose is a code fix which needs to go into the subview.cpp file - more precise: the constructor of the SubView class. You'd need to build OpenMW after that change, of course. Or what do you mean? :?
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Well damn. I thought you were referring to some config file style sheet that I didn’t know about. I am doing my best to avoid trying to set up a dev environment on my computer because I know I won’t have the patience. I struggle enough with github :(

Which means I’d definitely love to see this as a PR!
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Ravenwing wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 00:48 Well damn. I thought you were referring to some config file style sheet that I didn’t know about.
On a side note: We could, theoretically, move some options to the config file, but that is not very elegant and also requires code work.
Ravenwing wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 00:48 I am doing my best to avoid trying to set up a dev environment on my computer because I know I won’t have the patience. I struggle enough with github :(
Let me guess: You are on Windows... :roll: (So am I.)
Ravenwing wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 00:48 Which means I’d definitely love to see this as a PR!
Well, you have to be patient - unless someone else picks up this task. :)
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Lol correct on all counts! But ya, I wouldn’t bother with config stuff until we have a framework for it that Zini has approved. This is super minor and was always meant as a suggestion.