Adding many spells to an NPC

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zeofig

Adding many spells to an NPC

Post by Zeofig »

I'm messing around with a magic system mod using opencs, and I want to add all of the spells I've made to Arrille for testing purposes. Is there a way to quickly add them all? It seems like I have to create a new row manually for each spell at the moment.

Edit: alternatively, could anyone give me some pointers getting MWedit to run in Wine? It just crashes without any output under the versions I've tried.
Zini

Re: Adding many spells to an NPC

Post by Zini »

Sorry, nothing better at this time. It seems we have some more usability improvements ahead of us. Could you please file a feature request on our tracker?
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I would have tried this:

Open spells table, set filter !string(Modified, Added), Ctrl+A to select all, then drag&drop to the NPC's spells table.

But it looks like drag&drop onto the NPC spell table is not supported yet.
Zeofig

Post by Zeofig »

Thanks guys I will make a feature request!

I ended up having a great time exploring the possibilities of adding the spells with scripts generated in python. I've now got a python script that extracts all the spells I've made (by using tes3cmd to convert my mod to text) and randomly distributes them amongst spell vendor npcs by generating a MW script with lots of addspells, with filtering for spell level and NPC class/level.