What is OpenMW-CS/objects/creature/"original creature" for?

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
asmo

What is OpenMW-CS/objects/creature/"original creature" for?

Post by asmo »

What is "OpenMW-CS/object/creature/original creature" for?
What I couldn't find in the OpenMW-CS but is in TES-CS was "Sound Gen Creature". Are both the same? If they are, it really doesn't sound like that.

Maybe it would be possible to show a mouseover effect or a small speech bubble above a field when it is selected. Some other candidates are "Wander ToD", "Model" (can be Mesh but Animation too), maybe a few more. In case you need somebody that creates short sentences or phrases I'd volunteer (English and German). It might help (new) modders as well, if there was a short description of assumedly obvious fields.

EDIT: subject clarified
asmo

Re: What is OpenMW-CS/objects/creature/"original creature" f

Post by asmo »

*bounce*
Nobody knows?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

How I understand it : "original creature" could be the creature's parent.
Example: "corprus_lame" is the original creature and "corprus_lame_fyr01" is an extend/modification of the original.

It's like the chests : when you place two same chest on a cell, and want to add an extra item to the second,
you need to create a new id for the second chest, otherwise you will also alter the first.
asmo

Re: What is CS/objects/creature/"original creature" for?

Post by asmo »

Wendigo wrote:It's like the chests : when you place two same chest on a cell, and want to add an extra item to the second,
you need to create a new id for the second chest, otherwise you will also alter the first.
That sounds like you refer to instances. So the object would be chest_01, two instances are placed in the game world then. I didn't see how I could address those instances. When you put an object in the game, you have to give the object ID apart from position and such that's it, isn't it?
You can make two objects (or make one and clone it), but you have to give two separate IDs then. In that case "original creature" is just a note for somebody who looks at the mod so (s)he knows what this object was cloned from.

I hope that I'm wrong here!

BTW: Thanks for replying! :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Had to look it up in the code. Fairly obscure sub record. The only use I found was regarding sound gen. If a create has a non-empty original field, that field is used to determine the matching sound gen record (instead of using the ID of the creature).
asmo

Post by asmo »

Zini wrote:Had to look it up in the code. Fairly obscure sub record. The only use I found was regarding sound gen. If a create has a non-empty original field, that field is used to determine the matching sound gen record (instead of using the ID of the creature).
That's the field I ment initially (first post) as it is called "Sound Gen Creature" in the TES3-CS. IMHO it would be good if the field was called the same or similar instead of "original creature".
In the end you should be able to create a completely non-original creature inclusively using a sound that did not come with the game files - like a cobra or a minotaur.
Wendigo

Re: What is CS/objects/creature/"original creature" for?

Post by Wendigo »

asmo wrote:You can make two objects (or make one and clone it), but you have to give two separate IDs then. In that case "original creature" is just a note for somebody who looks at the mod so (s)he knows what this object was cloned from.
Yes this is what I was trying to say :) Zini's post seems more complete about it.
asmo

Post by asmo »

Alright. Thanks for your replies!

https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2897