Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Post by Zini »

I suggest we wait with making icons for that until we figured out if and how that works. Why do I see three different states anyway?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Locked (gray), changed (orange) and unchanged (blue).
Zini

Post by Zini »

Locked is a temporary state that is orthogonal to changes. I guess you mean not user-editable?

I don't fully get what you mean by changed or unchanged. How would the algorithm to distinguish between the two look?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

it does not detect if record has been changed, but only if the field was altered during lifetime of the subview. I don't think i can do anything more with it.
Zini

Post by Zini »

That is a fairly useless information. We could check the modification state of the whole record and if the record exists in base, check if the respective field is identical in modified and base (implicitly assuming they are, if the record does not exist in modified). This information would have some value. In this case we would need four icons: Not editable, newly added in modified (does not exist in base), exists in base and field has not been modified, exists in base and field has been modified.
You can give it a try, if you want, but honestly I think going down this route is overkill.

Otherwise dropping the state icon idea is probably the best approach. There must be a way to make labels work to display the data. If we want to get fancy, we could also group the non-editable fields at the top.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

You can give it a try
I will.
If we want to get fancy, we could also group the non-editable fields at the top.
This sounds like a cool idea.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

@nomadic1

we need the delete, clone, revert and add icons. If you could draw those, it would be great. 8-)
Zini

Post by Zini »

We are having the add and clone feature in the dialogue subview? Also, view and preview are missing. We need buttons for these too.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

We are having the add and clone feature in the dialogue subview?
Yes we do. After creating new record, subview switches to it (you will want to alter some of the columns most likely).

I reused TableBottomBox for it. Really trivial.
Also, view and preview are missing. We need buttons for these too.
Preview interface is stable and ready to use?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not yet, but almost. There is still a problem with the coordinate systems and the preview does not update on record changes yet. Having a bit of a problem with the former (no ETA yet) and will most likely finish the later either today or tomorrow.