Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Post by Zini »

I don't mind changing the size of the buttons. With the current code base that would be very easy (even making it configurable via a user setting could be done, if we had an usable user settings implementation *nudge* *nudge*) . But I am kinda concerned that the buttons in the scene subview toolbar are getting too big. They are pretty large already. If we go for 48x48 icons, we would have to increase the width and the height of each button by 6 pixel.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

32×32 is big enough imho
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nope. It is not. I am displaying additional information in these icons (you will get to see some of it in the coming weeks). A bit above 40 is the minimum size I need to make it work.
Zini

Post by Zini »

As requested I tried the larger button size. Looks okay. So we are back to 48x48 icons. Sorry for the confusion.
seneca37

Post by seneca37 »

I'd like to suggest a couple (possibly 3) user defined Movement Buttons. I constantly have to go the preferences button and change the "Movement Speeds" in TES CS. I find that I use 3 types of settings - large values for panning around exteriors or large interiors - medium values for designing interiors - small values for detailing and item placement.
I don't change the values of grid/angle snap that often - but do use the Use Grid Snap and Use Angle Snap buttons often.
Zini

Post by Zini »

That would require a second orthogonal set of navigation modes. As any good interface calls for a certain amount of modeless-ness I don't like the idea. Even the original set of modes is almost too much, but unfortunately there is no way around it.
Currently you can use the shift key with any mouse operation to increase the speed. Admittedly that only makes two "modes". But with the overall improved navigation that might be sufficient. If it turns out that is not the case, we can look at it again later, but even then I would prefer to extend the shift-key implementation instead of adding another mode button.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Any progress with those icons? We are getting closer to the point where we need to think about the next release and with these placeholder icons that will be a bit problematic. I guess we need at least either proper icons or updated end-user documentation.
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

Whoops. Forgot about these. I'll try and get some done tomorrow :)
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

Sorry, I've been unexpectedly busy and about this past week. I'll be home tomorrow morning and should be able to get the remaining icons made then.
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

Here they are.
Attachments
Icons - May.zip
(44.35 KiB) Downloaded 455 times