Opening documents

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
pvdk

Re: Opening documents

Post by pvdk »

graffy wrote:So far as the open/new dialogs go, if you want it, go right ahead. If I get bored or run out of stuff to do, I'm sure there's some progress bars I can go paint or something. :)
Excellent, I'll let you know if I finish the basic implementation.

We need custom sorting support first in the datafilesmodel before we can implement the profiles correctly. We also need to think about how we're going to handle non-selected plugins in the model, should they reside inbetween selected plugins or should (sorted) plugins be moved to the top of the model.

Also, I would really like some input/help on how to implement the topological sorting similar to mlox.
graffy wrote:In any case, I'm all for reusable file dialogs - that's a trick I've used before, too. I would point out, though, if Qt already provides 90% of the functionality, and you're only coding some slight variations in the layout, then it probably doesn't really matter which way you go with it.
Yes I try to use the stuff Qt provides as much as possible, but this dialog is too specific for that. We can't subclass QFileDialog because subclassing it would turn it into a Qt non-native file dialog anyway, so why not do it ourselves entirely and not having to fight with QFileDialog.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

I would very much be in favor of sorting things like Wrye Mash does them - by date. Or at least having the option in there. I am weary of using mlox to sort my mods because it wants to move stuff around that doesnt need to be moved, if this can be fixed, great. Mlox will re-sort entire list chunks of the mod list when it really only needs to re-sort one or two of the mods in the list. This has caused errors for me on more than one occasion.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Launcher changes have been merged. Looks okay for a first iteration (but we should switch over to the new .omwgame/.omwaddon model not to far in the future). The only problem I see right now is that the order of the buttons (create, cancel) is wrong in the new file dialogue.
Zini

Post by Zini »

@pvdk: I closed all issues I could find for your launcher branch. Can you please go over the roadmap and see if I missed any?