Postprocessing: For real

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
AnyOldName3

Re: Postprocessing: For real

Post by AnyOldName3 »

FiftyTifty wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 03:37For example:

float ToneMappingCurve=lerp(lerp(ToneMappingCurveNight, ToneMappingCurveDay, ENightDayFactor), ToneMappingCurveInterior, EInteriorFactor);
If you're just going to put the code on its own line, the old-style [code] block would have served you better. The new [c] tag is just for when you want it inline with regular text.
Ebonair

Re: Postprocessing: For real

Post by Ebonair »

Wazabear: what I was getting at is that you pick delimiters that can be used as reserved keywords. If your keyword is BEGIN_GLSL_FOR_OPENMW, it shouldn't inconvenience anyone. I mean, if someone does complain that their GLSL already contains that keyword, then they're just playing with you. You can point to them with a shaking finger and say "That was no accident!".
The only solution I see is to add special characters which absolutely mark end of a block, even if they are in a comment. Something like this, of course it would need to be made clear in the docs of this restriction.
I think that is the best approach. I approve this idea in my official capacity as a stranger on the internet.