Openmw cs-related doubt

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
JenrasGomes

Openmw cs-related doubt

Post by JenrasGomes »

hey there! so, basically was editing a .esp (namely fair magicka regen because without editing it, it doesn't work). After changing what i had to I saved the file. The thing is, it is saving as a .omwaddon instead of a esp, so i am not entirely sure on what to do now to actually use the mod, since i already tried putting the .omwaddon on the data files but the game doesn't recognise it as a mod.
AnyOldName3

Re: Openmw cs-related doubt

Post by AnyOldName3 »

An omwaddon file is basically just a renamed ESP without any compiled scripts. If you install it exactly like an ESP, OpenMW will use it just like an ESP. If you want to make it work in the original engine, though, you'll need to rename it to change the file extension to ESP and then open and resave it in the vanilla CK so any scripts get compiled.
Capostrophic

Re: Openmw cs-related doubt

Post by Capostrophic »

Note that if you modify an ESP and save it as an omwaddon any compiled bytecode it had won't be dropped.

However... omwaddons are recognized by the launcher just as fine as ESPs and ESMs (or there wouldn't have been the point). Where did you put the file exactly? Are you trying to run it in the vanilla engine? But it works there without modifications.