Armour/Clothing rendering

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
WeirdSexy

Re: Armour/Clothing rendering

Post by WeirdSexy »

Not sure if you're aware, and this might have more to do with Zini's autoequip or something else. But, dude's wearing the wrong stuff.

Also, some of the imperial guards are missing pauldrons but I think you know that.

Running the windows 32 rc1 that ACE just posted
Attachments
screenshot000.jpg
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

I went off experimenting with what the player had equipped in morrowind. What I found was equipped things were shown on the player with this priority order: robes(5), skirts (4), armor(3), other clothing(2), and skin body parts(1).

When I fire up morrowind, you're right. Dude has armor in his inventory, but it is not shown on him, dunno if it is equipped or not.

Have also noticed guards not wearing the right things in the exterior, but the one in "Seyda Neen, Census and Excise Office" looks good.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I wrote the algorithm for auto equipping from memory and a bit of research. It is possible that it still needs some tuning. But it is also possible that levelled item lists cause differences in some cases, since we are not supporting them yet.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

One of the slaves in cell Addamasartus is missing legs.
But it is also possible that levelled item lists cause differences in some cases, since we are not supporting them yet.
I thought those are only found in containers.
Zini

Post by Zini »

It is possible that this is the case with Morrowind.esm. Haven't checked. But technically there is nothing that would stop a modder from placing a levelled item in the inventory of a NPC.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

scrawl wrote:One of the slaves in cell Addamasartus is missing legs.
But it is also possible that levelled item lists cause differences in some cases, since we are not supporting them yet.
I thought those are only found in containers.
Fixed with latest commit.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

There is still a problem with missing pauldrons on seyda neen guards.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Is that a rendering bug or an auto equip bug? Currently OpenMW logs all auto equip decisions to cout, so it should be easy it identify the source of the problem.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Auto-equipping bug.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Well, as I said, the auto equipping algorithm is mostly based on guesswork. Might need a bit of tuning eventually.