OGRE 1.8

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Okulo

Re: OGRE 1.8

Post by Okulo »

artorius wrote:Ah, ok, that explains it. Thanks. I'm still impressed though, this is one hell of a development pace I'm witnessing.
No kidding. I found this thing completely as an outsider. I started checking the youtube channel regularly, but the updates were slow. I wondered if the devs were doing anything at all. Seeing them all work at this pace and with such skill and communication makes me, in retrospect, embarrassed to have ever thought so.

Even though very few people will ever read my Dutch newsposts, I'm kinda proud to write them because it means I'm at least a little bit involved with this brilliant team.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I suppose this shouldn't happen?

Update:
Seems to happen on line 157 in bsa_archive.cpp

folder is "Sound/Fx/envrn"
m[212] is "Sound\Fx\envrn"
current becomes an empty vector

Another update:
Pushed a update for bsa_archive.cpp, trimming down the code a bit while still performing the same task and maybe a bit faster on large installs (binary search instead of a linear search)
Anyone want to try it?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Ace (SWE) wrote:
Now to dig out my morrowind disc so I can have a cleaner testing environment, the high-quality night-sky mod I have crashes at night with the new sky renderer
That is something that needs to be investigated. I assume this is a texture replacer only? No ESP file? In this case maybe scrawl can have a look at it.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I saw a log of this kind of crash before on the IRC and I can say that it was due to a mesh replacer that used unimplemented NIF stuff (NiStencilProperty or so) - IMO nothing to worry about right now.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Needs to be addressed before OpenMW 1.0. But I agree. It can wait a bit longer. At least until we have ESP files working.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Zini wrote:
Ace (SWE) wrote:
Now to dig out my morrowind disc so I can have a cleaner testing environment, the high-quality night-sky mod I have crashes at night with the new sky renderer
That is something that needs to be investigated. I assume this is a texture replacer only? No ESP file? In this case maybe scrawl can have a look at it.
I was experiencing crashes as well some time ago with some texture/mesh replacers installed. I ccan't see how a simple replacer could cause crashes but it was completely remedied with a clean Morrowind install. My solution now is I made a copy of the fresh "Data Files" folder and renamed it to "Vanilla Data Files" and set my openmw.cfg data="D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind\Vanilla Data Files". This way I've been able to mod MW as I see fit and leave OpenMW vanilla and stable.

Anyway, weird stuff. Probably something else was going on though.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nope. Not weird at all. Morrowind.esm and the associated resources are only using a subset of the capabilities of the NIF format. Some modders use a larger subset, utilising some features that are not supported yet by OpenMW because we mostly test on Morrowind.esm more or less with the default resources. I have a few of these to report from the Redemption TC myself.
EmbraceUnity

Post by EmbraceUnity »

Glad you are planning to fully support NIF before 1.0

It wouldn't seem to interfere with anything else, and not having it will cause a lot of confusion for people. A stated goal of the project is compatibility with mods.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Oh, well I learn something new every day.