OpenMW Font

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Tarius

Re: OpenMW Font

Post by Tarius »

As long as you guys allow the option of using different fonts, everything is great. I personally do not like the new font though.
If possible, it would be nice if the number of different fonts that could be used was not limited like in MW currently.(limited to 3 I think, the standard magic font, daedric, and dwemer)
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Agreed, I'm all for shipping that excellent Morrowind looking font as well and having a central configuration to select a font if it's possible. Having multiple fonts though may become a headache later, with inconsistencies in how the text fits in certain GUI elements.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Tarius wrote:As long as you guys allow the option of using different fonts, everything is great. I personally do not like the new font though.
Well you can replace it with something you like now, as I changed the font definitions to refer to the default font everywhere. So the only thing you have to change is the default. Also, there is no limit to the amount of fonts that can be used.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Are fonts used in vanilla MW referred to by name is scripts (Magic Cards and the Daedric Font) in a way that someone using Digital Monk's font creation utility can make additional "fnt" files for use in a mod or total conversion? Or, on the reverse, are they hard-coded with those names so that only replacement of those two fonts allows different fonts to be used?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Vanilla Morrowind has INI settings:

Code: Select all

[Fonts]
Font 0=magic_cards_regular
Font 1=century_gothic_font_regular
Font 2=daedric_font
IIRC, any game data would only refer to the font names "Font 1", Font 2", and "Font 3" (or maybe just "1", "2", and "3").

FWIW, the INI also has a bunch of stuff for font colors under [FontColor], and some cursor stuff under [Cursors].
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Yeah, I knew that, silly me! I'm always trying to keep future compatibility with total conversions and large mods in mind.