Journal task

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
sirherrbatka

Re: Journal task

Post by sirherrbatka »

scrolls = only one page that you can (lol?) scroll
gus

Post by gus »

A little update: i've found out how to display text from the .exe . So now, i've to make it look like a book, and do the text formating stuff.

And that's why I've a little question about Morrowind (I don't have the CD with me so i can't check myself): Is there always the same number of line in a page and the same number of character in a line with every screen resolution?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Good question, since MW uses bitmap fonts. Give ma a moment and I will check.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Done.

The same regardless resolution.

Cellphone like resolution is not even that bad besides that spells and inventory window holds almost nothing. OTOH this small spell effects icons (tray?) are big enough to be readed. We will have to do something with spell effect icons, so they will be easier to read.
gus

Post by gus »

sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Well, this makes sense. If resolution would change the number of lines on page, on small resolution books would need to have more pages (that would be a little WTF? even for morrowind standards).
gus

Post by gus »

How are the links(you know, some words are in blue, and you can click on them) handled in the journal?

Edit: btw, how is it possible to have the std::string of a book? (to see if they use \n and such).
Zini

Post by Zini »

Open the journal at the appropriate place. I am not sure what exactly is linked. Probably topics and quest titles. I would like to see a confirmation from someone who currently has MW at hand; especially for the later.
gus

Post by gus »

Yup, it's quest and topics, but my question was more that the journal entries are string, so how do I know what is linked with what?

That also bring a question: topics are not in the journal. Are they already stored somewhere in OpenMW?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yup, it's quest and topics, but my question was more that the journal entries are string, so how do I know what is linked with what?
There is no special marking AFAIK, so the only option left would be to compare the text with all the topics and quest titles. Have a look at the NPC dialogue. I think this feature is partially implemented there. Haven't looked at the code, but at least on the screen it shows up.
That also bring a question: topics are not in the journal.
Topics are in the journal.