NPC Animation

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
raevol

Re: NPC Animation

Post by raevol »

Gotta be able to have good framerates when I start brawls on the streets of Balmora. :D

(happens more often that you would expect)
Zini

Post by Zini »

I think this is purely about the camera, and if there is a wall in the way, it is not seen and the npc behind a wall would be animated anyways. Not completely sure yet.
Correct. This kind of culling is extremely hard to do and can easily result in an fps drop instead of an fps improvement. We will have to do without it in the foreseeable future.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Fixed a bug so changing cells works again. With every cell change though, we get more slowdown. I believe all the npc meshes from the previous cell should be destroyed, and this will fix the additional slowdown.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Finally figured out how to fix the death animations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Excited :D :D , more videos to come.

EDIT: Swimming and death both look so smooth.
Also I always thought the problem was with bounding boxes. It turns out it was not, it was just another ogre hiccup.

EDIT2: This fixes positioning too. Just committed my code to github.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Can someone post these videos and the creature videos on the media page?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

jhooks1 wrote:Can someone post these videos and the creature videos on the media page?
Sure, I will do it in few moments :)

// EDIT: Done.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Thanks
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

I am now reading in the NiTextKeyExtraData and thinking of how I am going to organize and store all the information.

EDIT: Thought about it a little more. It would probably be easier to just store each string as it is literally, rather than parsing and reorganizing it.
I could make a std::map<std::string,float>
333.333 WeaponTwoWide: Unequip Detach
333.533 WeaponTwoWide: Unequip Stop
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

I grew tired of the way that nifskope displays the text entry (you have to click an arrow on each entry to view it). I wrote some code that outputs all this data from openmw to a text file. This can be turned off later when we don't need it anymore. In addition to being used for animations, the indices are also used to designate sounds.