Where to define default color value

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
wareya

Re: Where to define default color value

Post by wareya »

Mmm. Setting the color for this is one of those things where neither "gamedata states what is done" nor "pure engine-side config" make perfect sense. Some kind of game/mod-specific engine-side configuration would be an interesting idea, but this is somewhat far away from the particular ways of dealing with this kind of thing that we already have, no?

Wait a minute, aren't levelup texts stored in an engine config because MW does the same? That's kind of the same thing.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I stand to my position. Content data. Nothing else.

Scenario: Someone decides to be especially arty and makes a TC that is completely black and white. When suddenly user settings insert something red, this would spoil the whole look.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Zini wrote:Scenario: Someone decides to be especially arty and makes a TC that is completely black and white

And now I'm tempted to do this.
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Like in Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, when you enter the plane of shadows everything in black and white, except for your party and your spells. Basically anything that's not from the plane of shadows. Would be really cool to have a sort of "dead world" where only the player and a few select creatures were actually alive and in colour.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Zini wrote:Scenario: Someone decides to be especially arty and makes a TC that is completely black and white. When suddenly user settings insert something red, this would spoil the whole look.
I think such things would be better accomplished by having a screen shader/filter, which would be far more flexible (being able to desaturate the scene by varying amounts, the ability to use different colors (e.g. black and red, red and white/grey, etc), or do entirely different effects at different times).