[patch] new fog shader

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
raevol

Re: [patch] new fog shader

Post by raevol »

magamo wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 21:18 /usr/games/openmw/resources/shaders, if memory serves.
akortunov wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 21:20 In /usr/share/openmw or /usr/local/share/openmw, for example, depends on prefix.
I tried all of these and none worked, except /usr/share/openmw is the binary so I couldn't put the folder there. I tried making /usr/games/resources and that didn't work either.

Edit: I also have data="/home/raevol/.local/openmwmods" in my openmw.cfg, with a textures folder in there with lysol's texture mods, and those work fine. I tried putting the resources folder in there, and ideally I think that would work, but it doesn't. I do have force shaders = true in my settings.cfg

Edit Edit: And I'm running 0.42.0+git201707271429~ubuntu17.04.1 for reference...
magamo

Post by magamo »

After reinstalling an official PPA package of openmw, the appropriate directory on debian based systems is: /usr/share/games/openmw/resources/shaders. You will have to place the contents of that zip file as the root user to get them into the right place.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Lenny wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 00:41 Do you still need to apply that .patch for this to work?
In case this got lost on the last page
raevol

Post by raevol »

magamo wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 01:50 After reinstalling an official PPA package of openmw, the appropriate directory on debian based systems is: /usr/share/games/openmw/resources/shaders. You will have to place the contents of that zip file as the root user to get them into the right place.
That did it, thank you!!!! This shader is beautiful! The world does seem very blue at night though...

Edit: The shader appears to be applying indoors, which looks kind of funny, and also appears to disable the map. Just in case you weren't aware! Aside from those three things it makes the game look *amazing* and I think will be a must-have for OpenMW for me from now on...
magamo

Post by magamo »

Lenny wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 00:41 Do you still need to apply that .patch for this to work?
No, all you need is OpenMW 0.41.0 or above, and this patchless zip.
DJBeardsquirt

Post by DJBeardsquirt »

raevol wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 03:36
magamo wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 01:50 After reinstalling an official PPA package of openmw, the appropriate directory on debian based systems is: /usr/share/games/openmw/resources/shaders. You will have to place the contents of that zip file as the root user to get them into the right place.
That did it, thank you!!!! This shader is beautiful! The world does seem very blue at night though...

Edit: The shader appears to be applying indoors, which looks kind of funny, and also appears to disable the map. Just in case you weren't aware! Aside from those three things it makes the game look *amazing* and I think will be a must-have for OpenMW for me from now on...
Yeah, I have to agree that the landscape does look far too blue against the night sky. And it would be great if the shader didn't apply to interior cells.
visvaldas

Post by visvaldas »

DJBeardsquirt wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 18:01
raevol wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 03:36

Yeah, I have to agree that the landscape does look far too blue against the night sky. And it would be great if the shader didn't apply to interior cells.
FYI - I'm still working on improving the shader, including the issues you mentioned.
magamo

Post by magamo »

That's great to hear! Any chance we could get some sneak peeks of the work? Have you managed to mix this with your water effects work?
raevol

Post by raevol »

visvaldas wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 21:11 FYI - I'm still working on improving the shader, including the issues you mentioned.
Keep us posted! Super excited for any fixes!
visvaldas

Post by visvaldas »

Working on sunset appearance ...
screenshot401.png
screenshot405.png