Ashes of Apocalypse

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Envy123

Re: Ashes of Apocalypse

Post by Envy123 »

sjek wrote:Good to hear :) what have undrstood he also wrote that esmtool .p

https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/blob/m ... operty.hpp
Openmw takes the value (flag) but dunno where it goes yet.

Any ideas what it's used for .?
Niftools places it for skyrim shaders
http://niftools.sourceforge.net/doc/nif ... perty.html
Yes, finally I can load it :) But that's only half the battle :(

In the barrier cities, Outpost 21 custom meshes work funny. You can go through some of them, the interiors hardly have any collision, the trash cans look funny and the powerplant does as well. They work fine in the vanilla engine, so I have reason to believe that OpenMW doesn't, for some reason, support some of those meshes.

If you want, I can Dropbox the problematic meshes for the team to look at. If so, I'll do that later today.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

There are a few mesh bugs on the tracker for example https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2187 and several fixes are working their way into 0.35, possibly already in main if you want to try a testing build to see if some of your problems are already fixed.
Envy123

Post by Envy123 »

OK, I've played the TC in OpenMW just to check how it plays.

OpenMW seems to fix the vanilla bug of not being able to use the mouse to attack, so kudos for that. :D

The first UBA quest involved me going to the Mionel Nessi manor in Outpost 23 and getting drugs from his daughter. The quest plays out exactly how it plays in the vanilla engine. :D

However, his second quest doesn't. I'm tasked with recovering five ash statues from Marat's manor but the manor CTDs every time I enter it. The interior is your typical Redoran interior but with mutants and corprus stalkers. The mutants have heavily modified vampirism and are supposed to have very weird heads, but I think OpenMW doesn't like the lack of vampiric heads.

So far, though, I love the new save system and I love how the map looks. Looking forward to being able to actually add things like radiation and proper feeding for wererats. :D
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I think I fixed a crash for missing vampire heads in commit a355550cabcf9383f35626d1c9f5f4b10c55a4b1. What version are you running? It should be fixed in the nightly builds.
Envy123

Post by Envy123 »

scrawl wrote:I think I fixed a crash for missing vampire heads in commit a355550cabcf9383f35626d1c9f5f4b10c55a4b1. What version are you running? It should be fixed in the nightly builds.
I'm using the public 0.34 release. I'm going to try and find the nightly builds now.

Edit: Apparently, a 64 bit version isn't working? And I get a "warning line 0, column 27 (script) Stray string (script) after begin statement" for a lot of scripts.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

64 bits nightly isn't building for some months now. The 32 bits versions "97fc51c" is from 2015-01-02. Ace already know the problem and promised fix this by the weekend. If you can't build by yourself just await a while and all will be fine later.
Envy123

Post by Envy123 »

Amenophis wrote:64 bits nightly isn't building for some months now. The 32 bits versions "97fc51c" is from 2015-01-02. Ace already know the problem and promised fix this by the weekend. If you can't build by yourself just await a while and all will be fine later.
Thank you :)

I'll hold off doing any more testing until I manage to get the latest version, as it seems at least most of the issues I've encountered have been resolved.

By the way, the journal is way too small in OpenMW.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Perhaps you should add a feature request to the bug tracker, but there has been a lot of discussion about changing the implementation of the journal post 1.0, nothing decided but lots of ideas.
Envy123

Post by Envy123 »

Tinker wrote:Perhaps you should add a feature request to the bug tracker, but there has been a lot of discussion about changing the implementation of the journal post 1.0, nothing decided but lots of ideas.
The journal in OpenMW is much smaller than vanilla, though.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

As far as I remember, which is not much to base any discussion on, it is the same size but screen resolutions are much larger now so it is comparatively smaller. I think it should be scalable as well which is why I suggested a feature request.