Android build openmw

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
sandstranger

Re: Android build openmw

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

Oh... should've thought of that myself. :oops:
I'll try it out as soon as I find the time. Hopefully that's the cause, even if it makes me look a bit stupid. ;)
Thanks for the quick reply!
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

That's bad news, man. :o
Is there any way to help? I mean, I still haven't managed to get this thing running on my phone (pretty sure it's not the config file setting), but I would be willing to contribute to this project if I can.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I'm actually really proud of you for getting this far! 8-)

At least it is playable and a basis to work off of.

Can you post what you have done on the wiki? I'm sure others would be glad to try to duplicate this and work further on it.

Also, don't give up... you've done more than others. Just ask around for help and see what you can do. There is always a solution/work-around. ;)

I guess the objective at this point is to get vanilla Morrowind working, so modifying the assets is out of the question. However modifying assets on-the-fly is an option, if you can automate the procedure to get the mipmapped textures in the proper format. That would be a good short-term solution.

Keep an eye on Ogre3D project and their next releases. Don't be afraid to post there as well! I encourage to do that, and show what you have done so far with OpenMW and see if people there can help as well!
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

scrawl

Post by scrawl »

You are doing great sandstranger! Let's get exteriors to work, I think we are almost there. I am pretty sure we do not need to resize textures.
At the moment only blitting the entire texture is supported, the reason being that pixel packing options are more limited on GL ES.
This means that blitting to a texture (the process of updating a region of a texture) is only supported when you update the whole texture at once.
I think this is only used in the global map code. When an exterior cell is visited, the local map for this cell is blit onto a region of the global map overlay (the region for this specific cell).

Local map for visited cells blit onto global map overlay

Try to comment out the void GlobalMap::exploreCell(int cellX, int cellY) function, that should get rid of the error.
We can work around this limitation by changing the code to also blit all other regions of the global map overlay each time one region changes. It'll increase loading times between cells slightly, but I guess there's no way around that unless Ogre implements region blit support in GLES2. I can add the code for that if you can verify that it's indeed the global map overlay that is causing the error.
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »