Android build openmw

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
sandstranger

Re: Android build openmw

Post by sandstranger »

And also please delete this theme from forum
All these articles in internet are unpleasant for me
No one here will see here the port for android. And do not expect this .
At first I have no free time for it now and secondly all these articles have removed all desire to continue to do anything in this project.
Because there are such nonsense that this project is the biggest stupid idea in the world .
I will write an article on wiki and that`s all
Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 17:17, edited 4 times in total.
Ascent

Post by Ascent »

Dang, that's disappointing. I've been lurking and following this with some interest. I can understand where you're coming from though. Thanks for all that you've done so far, sandstranger. :)
HitagiSenjougahara

Post by HitagiSenjougahara »

sandstranger wrote:And also please delete this theme from forum
All these articles in internet are unpleasant for me
No one here will see here the port for android. And do not expect this .
At first I have no free time for it now and secondly all these articles have removed all desire to continue to do anything in this project.
Because there are such nonsense that this project is the biggest stupid idea in the world .
I will write an article on wiki and that`s all
Sadness trouble, came here only because Porting 4 android
lysol

Post by lysol »

Totally understand you. These 'articles' makes me loose faith in humanity kinda. But I do hope you or someone else pick up this project again sometime. Not that I'm interested in playing an android-port myself (touch screen controls - FUUUU-) , but it's interesting to see if it'll work out.
HitagiSenjougahara

lysol wrote:Totally understand you. These 'articles' makes me loose faith in humanity kinda. But I do hope you or someone else pick up this project again sometime. Not that I'm interested in playing an android-port myself (touch screen controls - FUUUU-) , but it's interesting to see if it'll work out.
We can make a blog on facebook and share information there
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

HitagiSenjougahara wrote:
lysol wrote:Totally understand you. These 'articles' makes me loose faith in humanity kinda. But I do hope you or someone else pick up this project again sometime. Not that I'm interested in playing an android-port myself (touch screen controls - FUUUU-) , but it's interesting to see if it'll work out.
Why can't you do that here?
HitagiSenjougahara

psi29a wrote:
Why can't you do that here?
I understand that developer are pleased to here
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

I begin writing article on wiki
I will fix this article when I have got any free time .
This article would be only for developers of openmw because they helped me in build openmw for android and because openmw their project
Many thanks to all developers openmw for theirs wonderful project .
I will not do more this project for android .
I will not write here anymore .
That's all .
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thanks for all your work sandstranger. Sorry things went sour for you. We appreciate everything you've done though!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

psi29a wrote:Why can't you do that here?
I understand that developer are pleased to here
To be clear, if someone wants to port OpenMW to the android, we'll support them in any way we can. If they are committed to the project (for the long run), then it could be considered a target platform.

That is how it works, the platform is only supported if people take the time to support it. If you want it, you'll make it happen, not begging the developers to do it. We're (speaking for myself at least) only interested in fixing our own problems. ;) That is how open-source software development works.

What SandStranger has done is pretty awesome. :) I hope to see more, but I understand the decision after how the Android world went nuts and started writing/typing misinformation about SandStranger's work and that of others.