Android build openmw

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Midnitte

Re: Android build openmw

Post by Midnitte »

raevol wrote:
Midnitte wrote:Has anyone gotten it to work on devices with no SD card? I set the data paths to "/storage/emulated/0/morrowind/" on my Moto X and it just crashes. As far I can tell the logs are saying the content files can't be loaded? Morrowind.esm is sitting in that folder as well.
Do the files have the right permissions?
They're all rw, should they be rwx?
raevol

Post by raevol »

Midnitte wrote:They're all rw, should they be rwx?
Well, I'm not sure. It was just a thought though. I'd be more interested in if the user that OpenMW is running as has permissions to rwx the file. I guess you could 777 them and see if it helps.
Midnitte

Post by Midnitte »

raevol wrote:
Midnitte wrote:They're all rw, should they be rwx?
Well, I'm not sure. It was just a thought though. I'd be more interested in if the user that OpenMW is running as has permissions to rwx the file. I guess you could 777 them and see if it helps.
Seems like I'm having the same issue as Xelasarg after looking closer at the crash logs. It says it can't find any esm files, I've tried changing the data line to /sdcard/morrowind/data (created data folder and put esm there), storage/emulated/0/morrowind/data, etc. File permissions shouldn't result in that error?
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

Maybe this is some Samsung BS? They are doing things differently when it comes to mounting... like their /extSdCard thing instead of /sdcard1. I really don't want to flash a CM rom only to get the same negative result, but maybe I'll try nonetheless.
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

That's not madness, it's appreciation. ;)

Of course you're doing this for yourself, and letting people participate in your work is basically just a very nice thing to do. Should anyone go so far and actually demand something of you, you can just go ahead and tell 'em to do it themselves. Just don't let this (over?)appreciation discourage yourself, because:
1. noone expects a final, flawless result, therefore
2. everyone is happy with whatever you whip up in your spare time (did I just quote Dr Fred...? :shock: )

Personally, I like reading your posts and see how you're making progress. It's quite entertaining actually, and kudos to you for getting so far - that's certainly 100% more than I could've done!
If you chose to stop building apk's and provide intructions on the wiki on how to compile this thing instead, maybe I'll go ahead and get into it. Wanted to do that for ages, anyway. :geek:
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
geophysic2013

Post by geophysic2013 »

What are you think about Windows tablet-version of Morrowind?
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
AlexanderR

Post by AlexanderR »

You can add yourself to "Wiki" user group here. AFAIK, this is an anti-spam measure.