MWRender Refactoring

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

MWRender Refactoring

Post by Zini »

Original thread here: http://openmw.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=122

Any progress with finding The Last Bloody Showstopper Bug (TM)?
Zini

Re: MWRender Refactoring

Post by Zini »

Another observation that might be of use:

It seems that the targeting function in MWScene finds at least two scene nodes that it can not find the MW references for. The same function also finds yourself looking at the player sometimes, which is also wrong.

From what I see MWScene and the physics code in OpenEngine has not been modified. It looks like something is wrong with the way world data (references and such) is passed into the physics system.

That is all the help I can provide for now.
swick

Post by swick »

I worked on another project the last few days.
The compiler warnings are now gone. The "unknown Ogre handle"-problem only appears in exteriors.
Do you also have

Code: Select all

No skeleton for :Bone01
No skeleton for :Bone03
?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not in ages and certainly not with your branch.
swick

Post by swick »

Zini wrote:Not in ages and certainly not with your branch.
Well, all warnings I saw.

Okay, you've been right. If i remove mPhysics->addActor I don't get the unknown ogre handle, when I also remove mPhysics->addObject I dont have the 1fps problem anymore (but thats something other). So, it must be something in mPhysics->addActor or something that has to do with it.
Zini

Post by Zini »

More observations:

1. Can't move outside.

2. Just had a total lockup outside (after trying to move for a while).
swick

Post by swick »

I can move outside (well, with 1fps) and I can change from interior to exterior (other direction never worked for me).
swick

Post by swick »

in ExteriorCellRender::insertMesh I get

when loading
x\Ex_V_ban_telvanni_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_hlaalu_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_redoran_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_child_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_comfort_01.NIF

The "Error in framelistener: unknown Ogre handle: Unnamed_xxxx" is coming from the physics system. It only occurs when in exterior cells.
It does not occur when removing the mPhysics->addActor call in ExteriorCellRender.

Sorry, but I don't think that my skills are good enough for finding the problem. I will continue but my hope is nearly gone.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I found another bug (fix pushed to github). Fixes the movement problems I had before, but not the main problem.

I also made an interesting observation. After toggling the physics debug rendering on, the player's physics shape moves away from the camera when you are trying to move. That explains a lot of what we are seeing.

I remember that we had exactly this problem once before. Looks like you resurrected an old bug ( :twisted: bug necromancy -> bad :twisted: ). Don't remember any details thought. There might be something about it in the old threads about physics. gus would be the right person to ask about it. He handled the problem last time. But I am not sure if he is currently around.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

swick wrote:in ExteriorCellRender::insertMesh I get

when loading
x\Ex_V_ban_telvanni_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_hlaalu_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_redoran_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_child_01.NIF x\Ex_V_ban_comfort_01.NIF

The "Error in framelistener: unknown Ogre handle: Unnamed_xxxx" is coming from the physics system. It only occurs when in exterior cells.
It does not occur when removing the mPhysics->addActor call in ExteriorCellRender.

Sorry, but I don't think that my skills are good enough for finding the problem. I will continue but my hope is nearly gone.
It may be that bip01 has not been encountered yet, so the skeleton has not been created. If this is the problem, I have a fix for it.