[Android] Cannot install, please help

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Frodosapien

[Android] Cannot install, please help

Post by Frodosapien »

Hi guys, I think I've followed all of the instructions correctly but I shall explain what I've done.
1.downloaded openmw onto my android phone
2.taken the files I needed from my macbook and put them on my phone in what I believe to be the correct path; storage/emulated/0/mw/data-files
3.open the openmw app and go to game files and find the directory that I need and it comes back saying 'error locating data files' make sure morrowind.ini and data files are there. They are both in the folder data-files.

I'm thinking that maybe it could because I'm using my phones internal storage rather than a sd card which I don't own. I'm really stuck on this one guys, normally I can work these things out but I really can't do it this time, really would appreciate the help. Thanks
Frodosapien

Re: [Android] Cannot install, please help

Post by Frodosapien »

Hi again guys, I've gotten it find the files now, it was down to my own error I think.
However when I launch it now says 'fatal error, failed to create graphics context'
Any help on that one?
Cheers
Frodosapien

Post by Frodosapien »

Hi guys,
This has been fixed now, I always try to work out things myself but got too frustrated and asked for help. But I've managed to sort it and the game starts, so maybe the admin will want to delete this thread. Either way glad it's sorted now.
Cheers
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's a good idea to say what you did to fix things in case this thread comes up on Google for someone else later with the same problems.