install mod without merging.

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
sandy0099

install mod without merging.

Post by sandy0099 »

i remember vaguely that its supposed to work this way before, unlike now where you have to dump all meshes and texture in "data files".

will that method still work on the current nightly(0.46 android)? i really dont want to merge the mods with the data files since im only trying them first. if they still work, will someone tell me how?
Sisah

Re: install mod without merging.

Post by Sisah »

You must add line to /sdcard/omw_nightly/config/openmw.cfg
data="/sdcard/path/to/mod"
And then copy .esp files to data folder if you want to display them in mod manager, or add
content="your.esp" to openmw.cfg
sandy0099

Post by sandy0099 »

can i just clarify, the path im gonna use is to a folder for the mod that directly contains the needed "texture" and "meshes". for example the structure of project atlas, there is /project atlas/00 core/(then meshes and texture here). so i have to point to "00 core" folder and not above that?

and also how does the order works here? in morrowind optimization patch it says "Make sure to install to install Project Atlas after MOP." so how do i do that here?

thanks for the fast reply!!
Sisah

Post by Sisah »

Yes point it to folder that contain textures etc.
And load order is by lines, so first line should be mop and on second project atlas. Its better to copy esp files to data folder, so you can use mod manager to manage load order of esps.
sandy0099

Post by sandy0099 »

ok ill try that.... thanks!