Raspberry Pi 4

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
langest

Raspberry Pi 4

Post by langest »

I am planning to get a Raspberry Pi 4 as soon as they are back in stock and wanted to try to run OpenMW on it.
I saw that there were some attempts at running OpenMW on RPi3 here at the forum. Is there anyone who has tried it on the RPi4?
Also, is compiling pretty straight forward or should I expect lots of compatibility issues with the architecture?

Thanks
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by psi29a »

Same as with the RPi2... nothing really has changed. You can run OpenMW on a RPi2 and above but you have to compile a few things yourself or re-use what is on our PPA to help along.
langest

Post by langest »

Great,

Thanks for the info.
I'll report back how it goes.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Please do. Should be interesting to see the performance.
langest

Post by langest »

I am trying to compile it now. I followed the regular Debian instructions since I am on latest Raspbian.
I ran into some errors that seemed like they would be solved by specifying -DBUILD_OPENCS=NO and -DBUILD_LAUNCHER=NO.
Found the solution here: viewtopic.php?t=3594
Such as:

Code: Select all

cmake .. -DBUILD_OPENCS=NO -DBUILD_LAUNCHER=NO
But I still get the same compile error. Any idea of what is wrong?
Following is my error:

/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp: In member function ‘void SceneUtil::LightStateAttribute::applyLight(GLenum, const osg::Light*) const’:
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:78:34: error: ‘GL_AMBIENT’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_AMBIENT,               light->getAmbient().ptr() );                                                                                                                         
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~                                                   
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:78:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_APIENTRY’
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~                                                   
                                  GL_APIENTRY             
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:78:13: error: ‘glLightfv’ was not declared in this scope
             ^~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                                           
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:78:13: note: suggested alternative: ‘mLights’
             ^~~~~~~~~                                                                                  
             mLights                                                         
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:79:34: error: ‘GL_DIFFUSE’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_DIFFUSE,               light->getDiffuse().ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                     
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:79:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_FALSE’
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_DIFFUSE,               light->getDiffuse().ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                     
                                  GL_FALSE                                   
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:80:34: error: ‘GL_SPECULAR’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_SPECULAR,              light->getSpecular().ptr() );            
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~                                
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:80:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_APICALL’
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_SPECULAR,              light->getSpecular().ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                    
                                  GL_APICALL                                 
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:81:34: error: ‘GL_POSITION’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_POSITION,              light->getPosition().ptr() );              
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~                                
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:81:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_POLYGON’
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_POSITION,              light->getPosition().ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~                                                            
                                  GL_POLYGON                                                                                                                                                                     
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:87:34: error: ‘GL_CONSTANT_ATTENUATION’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightf ( lightNum, GL_CONSTANT_ATTENUATION,  light->getConstantAttenuation() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:87:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_CONSTANT_ALPHA’
             glLightf ( lightNum, GL_CONSTANT_ATTENUATION,  light->getConstantAttenuation() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  GL_CONSTANT_ALPHA
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:87:13: error: ‘glLightf’ was not declared in this scope
             ^~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:87:13: note: suggested alternative: ‘mLights’
             ^~~~~~~~
             mLights
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:88:34: error: ‘GL_LINEAR_ATTENUATION’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightf ( lightNum, GL_LINEAR_ATTENUATION,    light->getLinearAttenuation() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:88:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_BLEND_EQUATION’
             glLightf ( lightNum, GL_LINEAR_ATTENUATION,    light->getLinearAttenuation() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  GL_BLEND_EQUATION
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:89:34: error: ‘GL_QUADRATIC_ATTENUATION’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightf ( lightNum, GL_QUADRATIC_ATTENUATION, light->getQuadraticAttenuation() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:89:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_INVALID_OPERATION’
             glLightf ( lightNum, GL_QUADRATIC_ATTENUATION, light->getQuadraticAttenuation() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  GL_INVALID_OPERATION
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void SceneUtil::DisableLight::apply(osg::State&) const’:
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:324:34: error: ‘GL_AMBIENT’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_AMBIENT,               mnullptr.ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:324:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_APIENTRY’
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~
                                  GL_APIENTRY
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:324:13: error: ‘glLightfv’ was not declared in this scope
             ^~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:325:34: error: ‘GL_DIFFUSE’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_DIFFUSE,               mnullptr.ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:325:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_FALSE’
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_DIFFUSE,               mnullptr.ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~
                                  GL_FALSE
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:326:34: error: ‘GL_SPECULAR’ was not declared in this scope
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_SPECULAR,              mnullptr.ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/openmw/components/sceneutil/lightmanager.cpp:326:34: note: suggested alternative: ‘GL_APICALL’
             glLightfv( lightNum, GL_SPECULAR,              mnullptr.ptr() );
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
                                  GL_APICALL
Thanks
langest

Post by langest »

psi29a wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 09:22 you have to compile a few things yourself or re-use what is on our PPA to help along
How can I check what these things are?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I doubt very much anyone has ever resolved that issue by disabling the launcher or the CS. I'm pretty sure you've got something wrong with your OpenGL includes. The most likely culpret is that you've built OSG against GLES instead of regular OpenGL.
langest

Post by langest »

Ok, thanks.
I managed to dig this post up: viewtopic.php?t=5579&p=60030#p60030
It seems very relevant to what I need to do. I'll get back with my new results/problems.
langest

Post by langest »

I managed to get further after building osg from scratch.

I got the following error and decided to try to enable permissive flag to see if it would work anyway.

/home/pi/repos/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/sky.cpp: In member function ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::OcclusionQueryNode> MWRender::Sun::createOcclusionQueryNode(osg::Group*, bool)’:                                        
/home/pi/repos/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/sky.cpp:565:69: error: passing ‘const osg::QueryGeometry’ as ‘this’ argument discards qualifiers [-fpermissive]                                                        
         oqn->getQueryGeometry()->setDataVariance(osg::Object::STATIC);                                                                                                                                           
                                                                     ^                                                                                                                                            
In file included from /usr/local/include/osg/UniformBase:15,                                                                                                                                                      
                 from /usr/local/include/osg/Uniform:22,                                                                                                                                                          
                 from /home/pi/repos/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/sky.hpp:10,                                                                                                                                      
                 from /home/pi/repos/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/sky.cpp:1:                                                                                                                                       
/usr/local/include/osg/Object:236:21: note:   in call to ‘void osg::Object::setDataVariance(osg::Object::DataVariance)’                                                                                           
         inline void setDataVariance(DataVariance dv) { _dataVariance = dv; }                                                                                                                                     
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                   
/home/pi/repos/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/sky.cpp:570:57: error: invalid conversion from ‘const osg::Geometry*’ to ‘osg::Geometry*’ [-fpermissive]                                                               
         osg::Geometry* queryGeom = oqn->getQueryGeometry();                                                                                                                                              
                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~ 
Adding the permissive flag let me compile everything without errors. But now it is failing during the linking.

Linking CXX executable ../../openmw
/usr/bin/ld: ../../components/libcomponents.a(navmeshtilescache.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol '__atomic_fetch_sub_8@@LIBATOMIC_1.0'
/usr/bin/ld: //usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libatomic.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Any idea how I can fix this?
I have installed the dependencies lister for Debian here: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... pendencies, except libopenscenegraph-3.4-dev.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

You're using upstream master OSG. Don't. Use OpenSceneGraph-3.6 branch or OpenMW/osg 3.4 branch (fork of 3.4.1) or the official 3.4.1 stable release..