OpenMW Android Port

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
accessDenied

OpenMW Android Port

Post by accessDenied »

So, I have recently been trying to use an Android controller on the Android port, which works fine. The only problem is when I try to hide all the buttons using that setting, it also for some reason hides the cursor. This makes it like 5x harder to do something in this game. I was just wondering if there was a way to hide everything but the cursor so I can see what I am doing.
Valbert

Re: OpenMW Android Port

Post by Valbert »

I had the same problem. Here's a workaround that worked for me: Go to "configure on-screen controls" (in the top right corner), there you can select any on-screen control and adjust its transparency with "alpha+" or "alpha-". I just manually adjusted all the controls until they were no longer visible. It's a bit of work, but in the end you'll still have your cursor :)
ChrisHighwind

Post by ChrisHighwind »

As an addendum to the person above, I would recommend keeping the keyboard button visible, so you can enter text for things like new character names or save names. I'm not sure if you need keyboard for anything else (other than console of course and I'm pretty sure these builds don't give console access), but it's always handy to have it visible so you know where to tap.
Valbert

Post by Valbert »

Good point. You also need the keyboard to name new spells, enchantments, etc.
In my setup, I did make the keyboard button invisible, but I increased the size and placed it in the middle of the top screen margin. Easy to find :)
Moozzie

Post by Moozzie »

ChrisHighwind wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 21:53 As an addendum to the person above, I would recommend keeping the keyboard button visible, so you can enter text for things like new character names or save names. I'm not sure if you need keyboard for anything else (other than console of course and I'm pretty sure these builds don't give console access), but it's always handy to have it visible so you know where to tap.
I use the keyboard to change the count when selling items to a merchant.
Like if I have 250 arrows I type 50 to sell/buy them in smaller packs