Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Laicus

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus »

Sisah wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 18:59 Try more with occlusion culling.
I don't know what the glitch was, maybe the phone overheated, or maybe I did. Now I'm testing and the new build produces consistently more fps than the previous one, Terrain occlusion increases fps when the mountain obscures the view. Thank you for the excellent build and I apologize for the misinformation.
Selengor

Post by Selengor »

Consistently higher FPS for me all round in the newbuild. Even with small feature culling disabled, im getting around 30FPS with a 10x view distance and object paging min size at 0.05. Thanks for the new build!
Sisah

Post by Sisah »

That build have broken simple water, i forgot add something, here is fix. Also disabled occlusion culling by default.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1awzw2nx ... 5.apk/file
Allanon41

Post by Allanon41 »

i have a pretty low spec phone, what are some things i can do to boost performance?
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

onionland wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 20:26
Laicus wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 16:56
reddragon72 wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 14:17 Is there a .46 release laying around? The one on the playstore was last updated June of last year.
Why do you need an outdated version? Use 0.47 on your phone and PC, it has a lot of fixes and improvements.
Well, there is the small benefit of the release builds having some optimization flags enabled, that being said, yeah, if you want cross compatibility just use the nightly

Yea, I am thinking of just moving to a good "stable" nightly. I hate keeping up with the builds as I am actually still playing the game for the first time and need to not run into any issues stopping progress. That is the only reason I hesitate jumping on nightlies.
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

reddragon72 wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 01:55 I hate keeping up with the builds as I am actually still playing the game for the first time and need to not run into any issues stopping progress.That is the only reason I hesitate jumping on nightlies.
I, on the contrary, as soon as a new version comes out, jump to it, and in two years of such jumps only a couple of times encountered errors added by new versions, but they were uncritical, and it was a long time ago. 0.47 is already very much above 0.46, there is no reason to stay at 0.46.
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

Laicus wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 06:30
reddragon72 wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 01:55 I hate keeping up with the builds as I am actually still playing the game for the first time and need to not run into any issues stopping progress.That is the only reason I hesitate jumping on nightlies.
I, on the contrary, as soon as a new version comes out, jump to it, and in two years of such jumps only a couple of times encountered errors added by new versions, but they were uncritical, and it was a long time ago. 0.47 is already very much above 0.46, there is no reason to stay at 0.46.
So can I match versions between the two platforms or is the Android port numbers off?

Also is there a separate repo or download location for the nightlies? This way I can watch the Android builds. Will need to find the pc repo as well as I think they stopped nightlies for the moment.
docent27

Post by docent27 »

Build 0.47 works faster on both computer and smartphone, I checked it many times with different graphics settings. Half a year ago, I could only dream of playing with a good range of visibility and shaders, today it is already a reality. My smartphone is pretty weak today (Snapdragon 835).

I want to say to the developers - many thanks for your work! Thanks to your efforts, I have a full-fledged opportunity to play my favorite game anywhere, even while sitting on the toilet.
DarkSpectre

Post by DarkSpectre »

I'm currently using a build with vtastek's shaders dated for late April here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yft7uf5t ... r.zip/file

Apparently, any newer builds posted in this thread don't like the mods I'm using.
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

reddragon72 wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 13:04 So can I match versions between the two platforms or is the Android port numbers off?
Also is there a separate repo or download location for the nightlies? This way I can watch the Android builds. Will need to find the pc repo as well as I think they stopped nightlies for the moment.
Sisah doesn't say what versions he uses to make his apk, but I suspect that he builds on the latest ones at the time of build, and it doesn't matter at all, since the difference of several builds can't affect the game's progress. Links to all the apks are in this topic, nightly for Windows here.