Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
reddragon72

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 »

Laicus wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 21:22
reddragon72 wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 13:04 So can I match versions between the two platforms or is the Android port numbers off?
Also is there a separate repo or download location for the nightlies? This way I can watch the Android builds. Will need to find the pc repo as well as I think they stopped nightlies for the moment.
Sisah doesn't say what versions he uses to make his apk, but I suspect that he builds on the latest ones at the time of build, and it doesn't matter at all, since the difference of several builds can't affect the game's progress. Links to all the apks are in this topic, nightly for Windows here.
Maybe we can get a cadence with PC releases going... And yep I am on that page but the 64bit is failing to download.
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

reddragon72 wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 22:10 And yep I am on that page but the 64bit is failing to download.
The link is now working.
chriskreeps

Post by chriskreeps »

I use a low spec phone and these are the settings I use.

[Game]
weapon sheathing = true
shield sheathing = false
use additional anim sources = true
actors processing range = 50
prevent merchant equipping = true
show owned = true
followers attack on sight = false
show projectile damage = true
speed show melee info = true
show enchant chance = true
show effect duration = true
enchanted weapons are magical = true
loot during death animation = true
allow capsule shape = true
difficulty = 0
best attack = false
turn to movement direction = true
turn to movement direction speed coef = 1.0

[Video]
framerate limit = 0
gamma = 0.5
vsync = false
minimize on focus loss = true
fullscreen = true
resolution x = 320
resolution y = 180
window border = false

[Camera]
near clip = 2.5
small feature culling = true
small feature culling pixel size = 10
first person field of view = 75
field of view = 37
viewing distance = 6000
view over shoulder = true
view over shoulder horizontal offset = 40

[Cells]
preload enabled = true
preload num threads = 1
preload exterior grid = false
preload doors = false
preload instances = false
preload distance = 100
preload cell cache min = 1
preload cell cache max = 1
pointers cache size = 40
prediction time = 4
target framerate = 60
exterior cell load distance = 100

[Input]
camera sensitivity = 2
always run = false
toggle sneak = false
enable controller = true
invert x axis = false
invert y axis = false
gamepad cursor speed = 4

[Terrain]
distant terrain = false
vertex lod mod = 0
lod factor = 0
composite map resolution = 8
max composite geometry size = 1
object paging = true
object paging active grid = false
object paging merge factor = 100
object paging min size = 0.01
object paging min size merge factor = 0.2
occlusion culling = false
occlusion culling maximum active = 1
occlusion culling minimum volume = 0.05
occlusion culling zfactor = 1
occlusion culling zbias = 50
debug occlusion culling = false

[General]
anisotropy = 0
texture mag filter = none
texture min filter = none
texture mipmap = none

Tell me if I can increase the frame rate and how
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Sisah wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 16:38
On my phone, if you look at the water from above (for example, from a bridge) at a certain angle during rain, the fps drops very much, I just bypassed this by changing "if (rainIntensity > 0.01)" to "if (rainIntensity > 100.0)", also fps drops when the player's water stains appear in the frame. I wonder what causes these fps drops?
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

[Cells]
preload enabled = true
preload num threads = 1
preload exterior grid = false
preload doors = false
preload instances = false
preload distance = 100
preload cell cache min = 1
preload cell cache max = 1
pointers cache size = 40
prediction time = 4
target framerate = 60
exterior cell load distance = 100

Tell me if I can increase the frame rate and how
[/quote]

To my understanding, the [Cells] section was removed in .47 master/nightlies. So if this build is off of the master then that section should no longer function. That is according to anyOldName3 in my Reddit post in OpenMW .47 video.

Also I have never noticed any difference in reducing the resolution on phone or PC or phone. It seems that the effect would be pronounced if the GPU was maxed out but in the case of OpenMW the CPU is the bottleneck as it has to create the calls for the GPU and it cannot keep up. The resolution in this state would not matter as the CPU will still have to process the same area to send to the CPU and those are not screen size dependant (vertexes and the sort). I could be wrong here but I have never noticed a diff when changing the resolution unless it cuts out parts of the scene that is being rendered. Eg 16x9 would cost more than 4x3 and to enhance that there is less above to render so the 4x3 would show more sky but less area to the left and right, like 16x9, which would contain more cells to process. That is the only time I have seen an increase in FPS. Same with FOV, the narrow it is the higher the FPS.
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

reddragon72 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 17:46 To my understanding the [Cell] section was removed in .47 master/nightlies. So if this build is off of the master then that section should no longer function. That is according to anyOldName3 in my Reddit post in OpenMW .47 video.
Removed the ability to change the exterior cell load distance, preload works as before.
reddragon72 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 17:46 Also I have never noticed any difference in reducing the resolution on phone or PC or phone.
Yes, this does not affect the fps much, maybe when you turn on custom shaders and per pixel lighting, the effect will be more significant.
Allanon41

Post by Allanon41 »

Thanks you guys for the help with slower phones. Is there any way someone could compile a lightfixes.esp thst includes morrowind, expansions, and Tamriel Rebuilt?
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

Laicus wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 17:56
reddragon72 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 17:46 To my understanding the [Cell] section was removed in .47 master/nightlies. So if this build is off of the master then that section should no longer function. That is according to anyOldName3 in my Reddit post in OpenMW .47 video.
Removed the ability to change the exterior cell load distance, preload works as before.
reddragon72 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 17:46 Also I have never noticed any difference in reducing the resolution on phone or PC or phone.
Yes, this does not affect the fps much, maybe when you turn on custom shaders and per pixel lighting, the effect will be more significant.
So what does preload do for performance?
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

reddragon72 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 20:00 So what does preload do for performance?
Reduces loading time during the game, but may slightly decrease maximum fps, because engine in background loads resources of the place to which you are moving (neighboring cell, interior).
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

Laicus wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 20:21
reddragon72 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 20:00 So what does preload do for performance?
Reduces loading time during the game, but may slightly decrease maximum fps, because engine in background loads resources of the place to which you are moving (neighboring cell, interior).
So having that set to two would be optimal, unless you have player speed set super high.