Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
xyzz

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz »

Laicus wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 04:02
Installation error. :(

Version from Google Play Market has been installed, but there is a bug - it crashes when minimized and when the screen is rotated.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showt ... p=95154534
A wrong file was uploaded by mistake, I've fixed it now.
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Sisah wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 19:05 Distant terrain should be disabled it seems.
Oh no, this is not an option, in my opinion, the distant terrain is more important.
Sisah

Post by Sisah »

Try normal maped and bump maped mods (lysol packs and telvani bump maped, maybe caverns bump maped), with extended exterior cell load distance and disabled radial fog and distant terrain, for me best setting for graphic, but need a fast phone.
pulion

Post by pulion »

Sisah wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 08:43 Try normal maped and bump maped mods (lysol packs and telvani bump maped, maybe caverns bump maped), with extended exterior cell load distance and disabled radial fog and distant terrain, for me best setting for graphic, but need a fast phone.
I have a OnePlus 7 pro smartphone on SD855 8/256. But I can’t build the APK to get the radial fog and your version of the shaders. It always compiles with either an installation error or graphic artifacts. if someone can build a working version, I’m ready to help with tests
Sisah

Post by Sisah »

No need to compile anything, just unpack resource folder somewhere and add --resources /path/to/that/folder to cmdline in app

Also ground textures are litle misplaced, if using this shader, better dont use radial fog nor normal maped terrain. On objects its fine except if there is normal map and glow map, need to remove one texture from lysol pack when using glow in dhakr mod.

And dont forget to enable this

[Shaders]
auto use object normal maps = true
apply lighting to environment maps = true

So possibilities are like this:
Enabled radial fog + normal/bump maps on anything, without water reflection, without distant terrain, broken water without shader and little displaced textures. (Bad)

No radial fog, working normal/bump maps on objects, working water without shader, working distant terrain, no problem with land textures broken water reflection when using water shader. (Better, not using terrain shader).

Or original shaders, working water reflection, no normal/bump maps no radial fog. (Not using object/terrain shader at all).

So normals break water reflection.
Radial fog break water without shader.
Using terrain shader break texture placement a little and distant terrain.
AbuMorrow

Post by AbuMorrow »

Increasing Exterior cell distance is asking for bad performance, don't do it, distant terrain is a much better option.
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

AbuMorrow wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 06:05 Increasing Exterior cell distance is asking for bad performance, don't do it, distant terrain is a much better option.
I play with exterior cell load distance = 3 and it is quite playable.
pulion

Post by pulion »

Sisah wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 09:22 No need to compile anything, just unpack resource folder somewhere and add --resources /path/to/that/folder to cmdline in app
something cannot turn on the shaders. Am I entering the command correctly: --resources / storage / emulated / 0 / omw_nightly / shaders /?
Sisah

Post by Sisah »

Point it to resources folder, it must contain myui shaders and vfs folders etc.

On my phone its
--resources /sdcard/omw_nightly/resources

Also distant terrain without objects is not that good in my opinion. That objects poping killing me.

Little update, more working mods and can set gamma in settings.glsl
Attachments
resources.zip
(328.2 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Sisah wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 07:58 Little update, more working mods and can set gamma in settings.glsl
Excellent! Thank you so much! Now it works almost perfectly, only small errors in the transitions of landscape textures when approaching, and reflections in the water are buggy.
Have you tried to fix the shadows?