Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
xyzz

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz »

Tecumseh1976 wrote: 03 May 2019, 02:12 Here is the path for my Morrowind file that has been working until the last two APK files
/storage/emulated/0/Morrowind2/Data-Files
It must be named "Data files" without dashes.
pulion

Post by pulion »

xyzz wrote: 03 May 2019, 01:56 https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... v0.46.0-13
Note: This release has a new application ID as well as different savedata and config storage path. To migrate your old save files copy the "saves" directory from `/sdcard/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw` to `/sdcard/Android/data/is.xyz.omw`. **Do not delete the old application until you make a copy of the save data and confirm it works!**

- Changed application ID
- Fixed crash on new installs
- Changed config file locations
- Changed default physics and drawing distance settings to improve performance
- Implemented automated GUI scaling detection
- Various UI improvements
In the latest version of the APK, performance has dropped dramatically. also in the assembly of the MFR for OpenMW noticed a large memory leak in the guild of magicians in Balmore. Perhaps somewhere else this is happening, but for now he has paid attention only to this place.
below is a video recording of a memory leak test. when it becomes critically low, the video recording program is first unloaded from RAM, then the system monitoring program, then the system launcher and the game

device Oneplus6 6/64

https://youtu.be/nzIHPjTlDhM
Rygorlios

Post by Rygorlios »

While I haven't tried out the very latest APK's so I don't know if this has evolved since a few days ago, I thought I'd paste this comment here I saw on Reddit since xyzz said he'd take it into account if there is more demand for it:

"The new Mod section seems like a downgrade to me. Or I don't get it. Before I could use OpenMWs improved mod installation with every mod in a seperate folder. Now I have to switch back to the standard Morrowind modding with overriding files and starting from scratch in case I mess something up?

€: Yeah... i can edit the openmw.cfg all I want now. It's always reset when starting the game, meaning no easy modability anymore. And when I remove his rights to write to the file it doesn't start anymore. So well. The new mod menu, as nice as it looks, is a hidden downgrade I simply don't get. " - NegativeRub6 https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenMW/comment ... er/embsbb3

I do completely agree, main reason why I'm not upgrading atm is kind of out of fear that I won't be able to mod in the usual OpenMW way any more and have to start overwriting data files the old school way.
sandy0099

Post by sandy0099 »

the new openmw.cfg file is empty, with a message
# This is the user openmw.cfg. Feel free to modify it as you wish.
Rygorlios

Post by Rygorlios »

sandy0099 wrote: 03 May 2019, 13:40 the new openmw.cfg file is empty, with a message
Ah awesome. If that's the case and it lets us specify extra data folders and content esm/esp's etc without the file resettling, all is good :D.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Rygorlios wrote: 03 May 2019, 11:51 While I haven't tried out the very latest APK's so I don't know if this has evolved since a few days ago, I thought I'd paste this comment here I saw on Reddit since xyzz said he'd take it into account if there is more demand for it:

"The new Mod section seems like a downgrade to me. Or I don't get it. Before I could use OpenMWs improved mod installation with every mod in a seperate folder. Now I have to switch back to the standard Morrowind modding with overriding files and starting from scratch in case I mess something up?

€: Yeah... i can edit the openmw.cfg all I want now. It's always reset when starting the game, meaning no easy modability anymore. And when I remove his rights to write to the file it doesn't start anymore. So well. The new mod menu, as nice as it looks, is a hidden downgrade I simply don't get. " - NegativeRub6 https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenMW/comment ... er/embsbb3

I do completely agree, main reason why I'm not upgrading atm is kind of out of fear that I won't be able to mod in the usual OpenMW way any more and have to start overwriting data files the old school way.
You can edit openmw.cfg located under /sdcard. It won't get overwritten in the latest build.
sandy0099 wrote: 03 May 2019, 13:40 the new openmw.cfg file is empty, with a message
Yes that is the case. Is that a problem or am I misunderstanding something?
Cytryn

Post by Cytryn »

For me latest v0.46.0-13 build working ok, i had some issue with gui scaling app cant apply scales below 2. but i changed it in settings.cfg. Getting same fps in same area with same settings cfg like in terabyte build.

One suggestion for xyzz. Control is really nice but i think maybe you should change that right joystick (circle) should be used to move cursor (in inventory etc) instead left one? Because most in game confirmation buttons ("ok", "cancel" "goodbye" etc) and dialog stuff is located in left and down part of the screen and left joystic circle are covering them mostly. So right joystick circle shoul work better to move cursor and can tap on confirmation buttons in most situations.

Anyways you are doing grat work:) Ihope you will understand my not so refined english.
pulion wrote: 03 May 2019, 05:52 In the latest version of the APK, performance has dropped dramatically. also in the assembly of the MFR for OpenMW noticed a large memory leak in the guild of magicians in Balmore. Perhaps somewhere else this is happening, but for now he has paid attention only to this place.
below is a video recording of a memory leak test. when it becomes critically low, the video recording program is first unloaded from RAM, then the system monitoring program, then the system launcher and the game

device Oneplus6 6/64

Any chance you can tell me which monitoring app are you using?
sandy0099

Post by sandy0099 »

xyzz wrote: 03 May 2019, 13:54 Yes that is the case. Is that a problem or am I misunderstanding something?
im noob so i dont know the format for "data" and "content" settings you put into it, usually i just copy the already existing ones. but now there are none. but its not that big of a deal.
pulion

Post by pulion »

Cytryn wrote: 03 May 2019, 14:15 Any chance you can tell me which monitoring app are you using?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... yIndicator
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

pulion wrote: 03 May 2019, 05:52
xyzz wrote: 03 May 2019, 01:56 https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... v0.46.0-13
Note: This release has a new application ID as well as different savedata and config storage path. To migrate your old save files copy the "saves" directory from `/sdcard/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw` to `/sdcard/Android/data/is.xyz.omw`. **Do not delete the old application until you make a copy of the save data and confirm it works!**

- Changed application ID
- Fixed crash on new installs
- Changed config file locations
- Changed default physics and drawing distance settings to improve performance
- Implemented automated GUI scaling detection
- Various UI improvements
In the latest version of the APK, performance has dropped dramatically. also in the assembly of the MFR for OpenMW noticed a large memory leak in the guild of magicians in Balmore. Perhaps somewhere else this is happening, but for now he has paid attention only to this place.

device Oneplus6 6/64

There were no changes that could affect performance between this and the previous release.