OpenMW settings

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
SHOGUN1990

OpenMW settings

Post by SHOGUN1990 »

Hi guys!
I really appreciate someone took over this big project and i really want to thank the coders.
I just wanted to ask you ('cause i am trying so hard and makes me crazy), how can i modify the settings such as VIDEO and CONTROLLER MAPPING?
Everytime i do it in-game and restart it i find the settings set to the default values and i have to do everything over again.

Thank you!
klorax

Re: OpenMW settings

Post by klorax »

SHOGUN1990 wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 20:05 I just wanted to ask you ('cause i am trying so hard and makes me crazy), how can i modify the settings such as VIDEO and CONTROLLER MAPPING?
Everytime i do it in-game and restart it i find the settings set to the default values and i have to do everything over again.
Hi!
This should work, sounds like a problem with your installation.
  • What operating system are you on?
  • Do you have write privileges for the settings directory?
  • Can you edit the files manually?
Check out this link to find the files and this link to see what they do.
geniussbk

Post by geniussbk »

You need to exit the game through the game menu, and not kill the process at home
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

SHOGUN1990 wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 20:05 Hi guys!
I really appreciate someone took over this big project and i really want to thank the coders.
I just wanted to ask you ('cause i am trying so hard and makes me crazy), how can i modify the settings such as VIDEO and CONTROLLER MAPPING?

Thank you!
Video (if your referring to the android port resolution) cant be adjusted by any means other than changing your devices at the moment. The other settings should stick. Try adjusting how you want, then save your game, then exit via the option to do so (dont force close or just navigate out). Then relaunch and load and you should be good.
SHOGUN1990

Post by SHOGUN1990 »

Thanx guys, i will give it a try tonight and i will keep you posted!