Touchscreen left analog stick/ movement stuck

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
mojoswagger1980

Re: Touchscreen left analog stick/ movement stuck

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

StayMagical wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 13:27 It's not like stick itself doesn't work. It reacts perfectly to every input as evidenced by green circle inside. Problem is not in layout, but in fact, that stick is not mapped at all and doesn't send any input to game.
Thats strange. I didnt have to do anything to the analogs when i mapped the controls to my ps4 controller, it just assigned them by default. I checked and my virtual stick works fine. Im not sure what to do or what to check . Its virtual, so there should have been no need to map it at all, not like you use it for another game . Let me check somthing .... probably nothing but maybe
StayMagical

Post by StayMagical »

My xbox one gamepad also worked flawlessly.
I thought, maybe my phone is to blame, since that other guy also had issues with redmi phone, but i run custom firmware.
aragorn

Post by aragorn »

hey
did you guys find a fix, because i am using a xiaomi redmi 5 plus too and i have the same problem even with the latest apk. The right stick is working fine but the left one is showing that it is getting input but doesnt move the character...
StayMagical

Post by StayMagical »

aragorn wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 01:24 hey
did you guys find a fix, because i am using a xiaomi redmi 5 plus too and i have the same problem even with the latest apk. The right stick is working fine but the left one is showing that it is getting input but doesnt move the character...
Seems like redmi 5 phone is the sole cause of a problem.
Here's what i think - it can't be the apk version related, because when i installed same apk on redmi note 5 pro it worked flawlessly.
it can't be a problem with firmware version. i ran several custom versions, based on android O and P. They all have this problem.
It's not some touch driver problem, since every other input works.
can't be a problem with gamepad controls themselves, since xone gamepad works as intended as soon as you plug it in, no tweaking required.
i don't know - at which level this mapping problem occurs, but it might be in kernel itself (i think i run custom kernel too, but this part might not be tweaked). Like maybe virtual stick addresses part of the code, that processes xinput left stick, but on redmi phones this part's ID is different for some reason, so all inputs go to nowhere.
So we can try this.
1.Somehow figure out - how to remap apk from config files
2.Flash kernel from similar but working phone (like note 5 pro) and pray your phone will even boot.
Stamatimenos

Post by Stamatimenos »

Hello! Having exact same issue on Xiaomi Mi A1.