Tes3mp style for other Tes titles

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
JakeZilla

Tes3mp style for other Tes titles

Post by JakeZilla »

Hey, so I know this is basically blasphemy but I was curious if there are any plans for taking the tes3mp style of server and making it compatible with other tes titles.

I'm a huge fan of the elder scrolls series ever since I was younger (my first game was oblivion but my favourite is dagger fall). My father enjoys the series too but mostly plays Skyrim and oblivion and I wanted to try and play with him. We tried Skyrim together but found it didn't work for us. I described how tes3mp worked and he got super excited until he realized how difficult Morrowind is and gave up.

Thank you, and sorry
AnyOldName3

Re: Tes3mp style for other Tes titles

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I don't know why you'd think this would be blasphemous. It's always been the plan that OpenMW would expand to support the later games in the series, and it's also the plan that TES3MP becomes part of upstream OpenMW, so unless something goes horribly wrong, there'll be multiplayer for the later games eventually. However, it's important to measure expectations. While everyone would like this to be done in a few months, it's more likely to take significantly longer, and, while I think it's likely to happen sooner than this, I wouldn't be immensely surprised if fully-working Skyrim multiplayer wasn't ready for a decade or two.
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

JakeZilla wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 07:52 I described how tes3mp worked and he got super excited until he realized how difficult Morrowind is and gave up.
Which parts of Morrowind did he find difficult?
JakeZilla

Post by JakeZilla »

Just going back to older style gameplay. Things like random chance to hit, slow movement speed, the generally brutal and unforgiving natural of early elder scrolls.
Mantar

Post by Mantar »

Did you tell him that all of that is solved by leveling up?
JakeZilla

Post by JakeZilla »

Look dude, Morrowind just isn't his cup of tea. We've been following the work of cc9cii and OpenNuka for updates
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

cc9cii is contributing to OpenMW and we've yet to see anything from OpenNuka, perhaps they've been super secretive?

Keep your eye on OpenMW
https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issues/6135.