Is there a cli tool to install morrowind data files from CD-ROM?

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
sanchezman

Is there a cli tool to install morrowind data files from CD-ROM?

Post by sanchezman »

I have an old HP server that I use to host various services from my house. I was looking to setup tes3mp-server on a docker container, and mess about with some friends. Yes, I know that this is the openmw engine forum, and not tes3mp github. The issue I run into is how can I install the openmw data files on this server, since I do not have xorg or any other GUI stuff installed on it? I have a physical copy of Morrowind GOTY edition, but the data files are all compressed, so I cannot just copy them from the CD-ROM. Are there any cli/headless tools (preferably standalone) that can extract all the data files from my disc? If not, I guess I can always "install" it on my local machine, and then scp the data files over to the server.
Mantar

Re: Is there a cli tool to install morrowind data files from CD-ROM?

Post by Mantar »

If they're .cab files, cabextract should work.
testman
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/testman42

Re: Is there a cli tool to install morrowind data files from CD-ROM?

Post by testman »

TES3MP server does not need game data

I would suggest that you take a look at Frequently Asked Questions and server setup guide.

If that does not clear things up enough, you can visit TES3MP Discord server where you can get further assistance.

I'm running TES3MP server in Docker container on Fedora 33 Server that is a headless machine without any GUI at all.