Can connect to my own server through the tes3mp.exe but others can't

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
JK4023

Can connect to my own server through the tes3mp.exe but others can't

Post by JK4023 »

I've set up my own server which is listed as unreachable on the browser, I can connect to through the .exe although none of my friends have been able to connect. whenever my friend tries to connect via the exe by placing my ipv4 as the target destination they get the following error "Either the IP address is wrong or a firewall on either system is blocking UDP packets on the port you have chosen." to my knowledge the ports have been forwarded correctly and my friends firewalls have been set to allow both the server and tes3mp.exe to get through.

Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes? help would be much appreciated.
davidcernat

Re: Can connect to my own server through the tes3mp.exe but others can't

Post by davidcernat »

What localAddress are you using in your server config file?
JK4023

Post by JK4023 »

davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

That's good.

Can you ensure your tes3mp-server executable is also fully allowed in your firewall?

Can you make sure you are able to host servers for other games, such as Minecraft? (But note that Minecraft requires you to port forward for TCP instead of UDP.)

Do people with your router or internet provider report any problems with port forwarding for games?

Would one of your friends be able to host a server instead?

Have you considered trying Hamachi or one of its alternatives like ZeroTier or Tailscale to establish a virtual private network?