Mods, that need to be cleaned

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Fiferion

Mods, that need to be cleaned

Post by Fiferion »

Greetings everyone.
It is my first post here. I am using OpenMW for near a year, but use mods since January.
So I am searching for interesting mods and I found two, which are signed that need to be cleaned.
One is marksman overhaul by Xenn and another is an archer armor.
Thus my question is, should I clean them in some way or maybe install them and ignore their dirt?
havx

Re: Mods, that need to be cleaned

Post by havx »

Yes, clean them. I personally use Marksman Overhaul and have cleaned it. Not sure what "an archer armor" mod is but if you've seen convincing comments or other evidence indicating it should be cleaned, you probably should do so. Note that some mod authors will indicate that their mod shouldn't be cleaned, in such instances you shouldn't clean it. Here's a basic "how to":
  1. Download TESTool: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47473
  2. Extract "TESTool.exe" from the archive to the root of game's install directory - i.e.,"..\path\to\game\Morrowind\"
  3. Launch TESTool - if you get a location prompt just click yes
  4. Select "Clean ESP/ESM files" and click "Execute" > in the file selection window locate the mod's esp file, select it, and click open
That esp file will now be cleaned.