Installing weapon sheathing 0.46 on Mac

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
wnbadger

Installing weapon sheathing 0.46 on Mac

Post by wnbadger »

Hello, I am new to installing mods in general, and I using Mac OSX High Sierra, but I have done my best to follow the guides and have gotten a few mods to install correctly, such as Better Signposts and Better Heads.

But I cannot get Weapon sheathing to appear in the OpenMW launcher.

My openmw.cfg reads like this,

data="/Applications/GAMES/Morrowind/Data Files"
data="/Applications/GAMES/Morrowind/Data Files/WeaponSheathing"
data="/Applications/GAMES/Morrowind/Data Files/RealSignposts"

And I have tried multiple different folder layouts, (while also adjusting the .cfg accordingly) such as having the weapon sheathing folder contain the provided structure of the mod as downloaded and also adjusted so that the "Morrowind/Data Files/WeaponSheathing" folder contains just the animations, extras, and meshes folders.

Am I missing something? And forgive my very low level knowledge, but the weapon sheathing I downloaded from Nexus did not have any .esp or .esm files, could that be a/the reason?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.13.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.13.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 4.57.12 PM.png
AnyOldName3

Re: Installing weapon sheathing 0.46 on Mac

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There isn't a one-to-one mapping between mods and ESP files, so you're not going to find all your mods in that tab of the launcher, and some of them might have more than one entry.
wnbadger

Post by wnbadger »

Thank you for the reply. So what you're saying is that I wont know Ive installed a mod that doesnt have .esp or .esm correctly unless it shows up in the game?

Do you have any tips or recommendations for installing weapon sheathing? Dos the folder layout I have make sense? Or should I take any other screenshots for more context?
1Mac

Post by 1Mac »

Try this:

Code: Select all

data="/Applications/GAMES/Morrowind/Data Files/WeaponSheathing/Data Files"
(OpenMW always needs a mod's data folder to be where the data files actually are, as though you were looking in the vanilla Data Files folder in your Morrowind folder. So you have to take a close look at how a mod is packaged before entering it in your cfg file. In this case, Weapon Sheathing puts all its files in a unique Data Files folder, so you need to account for that! Other situations to look out for are BAIN mods and mods that are just loose files.)

Edit: looks like you already accounted for all that after all. If you're concerned that you don't see a plugin, don't worry about it. The OpenMW version of Weapon Sheathing doesn't need a plugin. In general, not all mods have plugins to activate.
wnbadger

Post by wnbadger »

Thank you for the response, I did eventually get it to work. Not exactly sure how, but sheathing now works!. I have since expanded my mod list with a bunch of stuff and I'm slowly learning through trial and error, and even starting to edit a little with OpenMW-CS. I appreciate you trying to help!