OpenHUD, is there a way to install this without root?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Amenophis

Re: OpenHUD, is there a way to install this without root?

Post by Amenophis »

Hello. Finally I tested the latest daily and the problem still. Attached the log.
And, yes, the local openmw.cfg adds quotations and move up the line after I've wrote the resources path without it.
Attachments
openmw.log
Log Bug Report
(737 Bytes) Downloaded 311 times
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Resources should now have quotes (although they should mostly work if there aren't any quotes - I don't know which situations strictly require them so the launcher always adds them). I've unified how all paths get read as there were a few places in the code where people had got confused between the different formats we used.

Anyhow, as for those specific error messages, it looks to me like the resources directory you specified either doesn't exist or doesn't have all the stuff in it that it's supposed to. I'd check for typos and things like that, and if the path is definitely 100% correct, I'd also check that OpenHUD doesn't also require the files from the default resources directory. If it does, copying them from your OpenMW installation directory should be fine.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

I think that instead of replacing only the similar files like OpenMW does on their mod management way, the resource folder is completely replaced by the one specified in the local openmw.cfg. :? OpenUI only have the modified ones, not the others required by the engine. Is there a way to make the Resources path works like any Mod?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There's some stuff deeper into the engine that assumes there's only one resources directory. I don't think this is a limitation that needs to exist forever, but it's one that we'll have for the medium-term at least.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

I followed your instructions but didn't work like expected.
First I copied the content of OpenMW Resources folder into to my one.
Them applied the mod, overwriting what is necessary.
Finally ran OpenMW, get the Menu, but the game crashed when trying to load a save.
openmw-crash.log
(53.37 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
My error. The problem was with a specific save and not with OpenUI. It's working! (But I had do copy that fonts into the mod folder, if someone is asking how)

Another Update
The crash happens with all saves that were made outside. Interiors behaving like exteriors are loading.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There was a regression with sounds causing crashes, but the fix was merged yesterday.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Everything working! Thank you!
Bhelisarios

Post by Bhelisarios »

Hello, sorry for a little bit of necromancy... But I can't find help elsewhere. How could I install this mod on Android? Please could someone help me?