Automate or Expedite Normal Map Conversion

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Magicaldave

Automate or Expedite Normal Map Conversion

Post by Magicaldave »

Hey guys, I made a big long post here thinking I might have found something not mentioned in Lysol's Normal Map guide but as I was putting it all together I realized I was only doing half of what was required, causing weird issues with Environment Maps left over in Mesh files.

SO instead: I have hundreds of meshes I need to convert in preparation to (re)launch a TES3MP server for myself and friends. It's a slow and arduous process. What is the quickest way to do it, and are there any tools that help to automate the process? At this point I'm just doing a TON of clicking around in Explorer + NifSkope.
AnyOldName3

Re: Automate or Expedite Normal Map Conversion

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There are at least two Python scripts that do it automatically floating around the internet. I don't have links.
bmw

Post by bmw »

Here's the link to one of the scripts: https://gist.github.com/jrivany/0665e26 ... b8f93cc07a
Be advised that pyffi (required by the script) is broken on python 3.7 and newer at the moment.
Magicaldave

Post by Magicaldave »

Oh my gosh, thank you guys so much for this. I ended up giving up on it eventually as I decided finding the affected mods after mass renaming the _n.dds files was way too much work. Much, much love.