Flies

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
havx

Flies

Post by havx »

R-Zero's "Flies" -- https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43481

Works once you edit the meshes. Changing all of the "NiKeyframeController" flags from "clamp" to "cycle" fixes the issue with the flies not moving; as noted in the following thread concerning the Dragonflies from "Bitter Coast Sounds": https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/issues ... e_91548371

^^ you can find the fixed mesh for the Dragonflies in that post

I also fixed R-Zero's "Nocturnal Moths" -- viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6411
---
Flies-FixedMesh.7z
Fixed mesh for the mod "Flies"
(23.52 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
stiffkittin

Re: Flies

Post by stiffkittin »

Quite surprised no-one has thanked you for this considering how useful it is, so allow me to be the first. I'm on a mac lappy currently and a bit awkward for me to mess around with nifscope, so I'm very grateful for this post and the time you took. Thank you!
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Keep in mind it's no longer necessary in the current builds of 0.47.0, the subsequent release.
havx

Post by havx »

stiffkittin wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 04:46 Quite surprised no-one has thanked you for this considering how useful it is, so allow me to be the first. I'm on a mac lappy currently and a bit awkward for me to mess around with nifscope, so I'm very grateful for this post and the time you took. Thank you!
Thanks stiffkittin. I'm running 483 mods currently and I've spent a lot of time (hundreds of hours) making the game look awesome and play great - troubleshooting mods, cleaning up and fixing meshes to make them compatible with OpenMW (albeit most only in minor ways like removing the parts that make an object "shiny" as one example).
Capostrophic wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 13:39 Keep in mind it's no longer necessary in the current builds of 0.47.0, the subsequent release.
True. I can confirm the original meshes for this mod work now, as well as original meshes for "Nocturnal Moths" -- viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6411