Nocturnal Moths

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
havx

Nocturnal Moths

Post by havx »

R-Zero's "Nocturnal Moths" -- https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44148

Works once you edit the meshes. Changing all of the "NiKeyframeController" flags from "clamp" to "cycle" fixes the issue with the moths not moving; as noted in the following thread concerning the Dragonflies from "Bitter Coast Sounds": https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/issues ... e_91548371

^^ you can find the fixed mesh for the Dragonflies in that post
NocturnalMoths-FixedMeshes.7z
Fixed meshes for the mod "Nocturnal Moths"
(26.99 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
stiffkittin

Re: Nocturnal Moths

Post by stiffkittin »

Cheers! You rock.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I was under the impression we'd fixed this issue with NiKeyframeController, so try the unaltered meshes in a nightly before assuming you need the adjusted ones.
havx

Post by havx »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 14:45 I was under the impression we'd fixed this issue with NiKeyframeController, so try the unaltered meshes in a nightly before assuming you need the adjusted ones.
At the time I made the original post the moth "fluttering" animation would play but the moths flying around the light source did not work - the moths were stationary - and I was running the then current nightly build. TBH it didn't cross my mind to go back and try the unaltered meshes after making this post. However, I can confirm that both the flying around and fluttering animations work with the original unaltered meshes when using the latest nightly build - though I assume from your post that it's been working with previous nightly builds for some time.

I will point out to those who choose to not use nightlies, that the flying animation doesn't work in the 0.46 release build with the unaltered meshes - so the edited meshes I posted would be useful for you (0.46 release build users out there).

Thanks for the update/clarification on the current NiKeyframeController support AnyOldName3 :)