Of Dungeons and Abodes

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
havx

Of Dungeons and Abodes

Post by havx »

Darkelfguy's "Of Dungeons and Abodes" v1.0 -- https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44253

Appears to be working well except for an issue with the teleport amulet where when used it places the player inside the wall of the manor. A user (SlothLikeSin) posted about the issue in 2017, noting the problematic script and a quick fix for it.
SlothLikeSin
09 December 2017, 2:53PM
Just managed to get the amulet for teleporting back to the manor, but each time I use it I end up inside the wall of the manor interior. Would it be because I'm playing on OpenMW?

EDIT: It's this part of the script: Player->PositionCell 0, 23, 128, 0 "Bitter Coast, Velodil Manor"

Specifically, the 128 value. Changing it to -128 fixed the problem for me.
I confirmed the issue occurs in the latest nightly and implemented the fix and, lo and behold, it worked!
havXeus (aka me)
01 October 2019, 3:33PM
I can confirm that the issue described occurs in OpenMW (v0.46 nightly and below) and the proposed fix does indeed remedy the issue. This can be easily fixed with Enchanted Editor or even OpenMW-CS.

Steps to implement the fix in Enchanted Editor:
Open the esp and expand the "Scripts" node; locate and select the node named "SCPT _DEG_ODAA030_TeleportAmulet"; the last subrecord should be a "SCTX" type and there will be a tiny icon that looks like a sheet of paper on the far right of the record, click that; a new window will open, scroll down to the bottom and you will see the part of the script SlothLikeSin pointed out (Player->PositionCell 0, 23, 128, 0 "Bitter Coast, Velodil Manor"), make the change SlothLikeSin noted, "128" becomes "-128", so the final result will look like this: Player->PositionCell 0, 23, -128, 0 "Bitter Coast, Velodil Manor"
Click OK in the window and save the file.

Steps to implement the fix in OpenMW-CS (note that this will make a .omwaddon file to use instead of the original esp and these steps assume you have correctly set up your mod folders and the openmw.cfg file):
Launch OpenMW-CS select "Edit A Content File", select the Morrowind.esm from the drop-down list, select/check the original esp and click open; hit Ctrl+F on your keyboard, change the type drop-down from text to ID, search for: _DEG_ODAA030_TeleportAmulet
Double-click the first result, find the same line as noted previously, make the same change, and finally save the file.

All credit for finding the issue and the fix belongs to SlothLikeSin. Thank you!