Tamriel Data Extraction Crashes Ubuntu

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
XenophonYork

Tamriel Data Extraction Crashes Ubuntu

Post by XenophonYork »

Well, as the subject states, whenever I do an extraction on Tamriel Rebuilt Ubuntu 19.04 gets sluggish for a few seconds, the everything freezes. No keyboard keys work, mouse doesn't work. The weird thing, is that I had the same problem a week ago with the Morrowind Rebirth mod. Even when I restart Ubuntu will boot fine but after thirty or so seconds--even if I am just looking at it--it freezes. When it did it before I had to completely reinstall Ubuntu. When I tried Morrowind Rebirth again, it crashed the system again. Oddly, I decided to boot via Ubuntu Live USB and delete all the P7zip app files via sudo nautilus, and Ubuntu finally booted.

After a little digging, I read an old post somewhere that a guy had an issue with P7zip doing something to his Ubuntu OS compressed password file, or something strange like that, so I figured it was a P7zip issue.

And that brings us to Tamriel Rebuilt. I used B1freearchiver to unzip the data zip file. Again, it crashed--but only a second or three immediately following the unzip completing. I thought, "Hey, at least it finished." "I'll just delete B1freearchiver since I'm done with it anyways."

Nope.

After four or five tries looking to make sure I didn't miss a B1 file and it still freezing up every time the desktop would load, I decided to try deleting the Tamriel data file. It worked.

This is driving me a bit batty. I'm not an amateur on computers, but am on Ubuntu. Anyone have any advice? I really want to dig into Tamriel expansion areas.