Julan the ashlander quests

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Vangrel

Julan the ashlander quests

Post by Vangrel »

The mod is mostly working as intended (with some limitations obviously, but not something impossible to play with), However i found a quest breaking bug. On shani's questline she
Spoiler: Show
The problem is that she is not actually respawing on said cave (haishibi abandoned mine, cavern). I toggled the collision command to see if she had just passed through the walls, but since there is only water under the cave she was supposed to be in it leads me to believe her npc is simply not being activeted at all. Obviously this can be a one off, since i haven't found anything on the subject, but i was wondering if anyone with experience with this mod know if this is a common mistake, or if it's fixable. (i haven't checked with openmw cs, but i am going to do it right now)
Vangrel

Re: Julan the ashlander quests

Post by Vangrel »

I've found the script of the quest i am into, though i cannot say what is wrong with it (IF something is wrong with it in first place)
Spoiler: Show
openmw's cs reports an error on line 48, " set state to 2 " (unexpected special token (<newline>) )
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I guess the problem is actually with the line above.

Code: Select all

KS_Julan->AiTravel 4327 3510 63 "Haishibi Abandoned Mine, Cavern"
I guess that the function's supposed to have more parameters than that. Emma's been on these forums before and has been incredibly helpful whenever I've had issues with one of her mods. If this isn't something we can fix directly, I don't doubt that she'll sort it out. I got the wrong mod author. Oops.
Last edited by AnyOldName3 on 16 Jun 2018, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 22:02 I guess the problem is actually with the line above.

I guess that the function's supposed to have more parameters than that. Emma's been on these forums before and has been incredibly helpful whenever I've had issues with one of her mods. If this isn't something we can fix directly, I don't doubt that she'll sort it out.
I suggest deleting the last parameter.

According to http://en.uesp.net/morrow/editor/mw_csc ... l#aitravel
that parameter is labelled "reset" and described as "Optional parameter, unknown, may indicate whether the current AI package is interrupted."

This mod was from Kateri rather than Emma.

Loriel
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Huh, I was sure it was from Emma. Did she do a similarly-named companion mod?
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 23:22 Huh, I was sure it was from Emma. Did she do a similarly-named companion mod?
It is hosted on Emma's site, at http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Kateri.htm

Loriel
Vangrel

Post by Vangrel »

I deleted it, but turns out that part modified something else. Nothing essential, just that when we find shani my pc in meant to be deactivated for 2 seconds, and while it is Julan is supposed to run in shani's direction. What is happening now is that he is not running towards where the body should be, and the body is still not there. I think this will require further investigation, and that is what i am going to do.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

In case it wasn't clear, what I proposed for a possible fix was to remove the last parameter from

resulting in

KS_Julan->AiTravel 4327 3510 63
That should result in Julan moving to the appropriate spot.

It probably won't fix the absence of the body.

Loriel
Vangrel

Post by Vangrel »

ok, thank you all for your help. I entered in contact with kateri and managed to get it working. For future reference, if other players have the same problem i deleted the last parameter naming the cave and this made julan's script run properly and then in the middle of the game play I opened the console and typed " KS_Shani->PositionCell 4369, 3513, 75, 180 "Haishibi Abandoned Mine, Cavern" " as kateri told me to. Haven't finished the quest yet but the characters are interacting and so far it seems to work.
Vangrel

Post by Vangrel »

and finally, since at the end of this quest there is also a scripted moment where julan and shani try to recall to outside ( unfortunately not working on open mw yet, there are these lines of code to make them appear to the player

player->PositionCell 58733 126161 707 0 "Balmora"
KS_Shani->PositionCell 58635 126175 707 0 "Balmora"
KS_Julan->PositionCell 58631 126108 707 0 "Balmora"